Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, RT FAN said:

Yeah Jim, what are those cute little ones down front? Chorus? Fortes?  Tough to tell from here.

The cute little ones are Forte II's that I had considered auditioning for Mark as well, but we didn't get to it.  Normally, I've got Chorus II's in that spot, hooked to a pair of monoblocked MC250's that are in the cabinet.

• Like 3

First observable snow of the season; flurries in the air, snow on the Spartan flag and snow on the roof — but then again, I’ll be 69 on Sunday, so that’s to be expected.  Time to buy gas for the snowblower.  Now did I change the oil in the spring, or do I need to change it now?  I’ll solve that mystery as soon as I remember where I put my memory pills.

1193C0D6-79A3-4ACC-8E7A-284219A13C4F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sunny and breezy here...blowing in a cold front.....34 degrees tonight. 

Breakfast with 16 other old dudes from school this morning.  A hearty breakfast of two eggs, hash browns, and a ribeye......coffee of course.

Pecking away at matching R2R boxes and tapes.

That's about it.......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Breakfast with 16 other old dudes from school this morning. 

wow.  i don’t think i’ve had breakfast with 16 people in my life.  I can amputate all of my fingers and toes and still be able to count the high school friends that i am in contact with.  Not that i wasn't liked or had trouble getting along with people, i just moved away and never looked back -- i think they did the same. I’ve never been to a reunion either. about a month ago i tried to reconnect with an friend, only to find out that he died 10 years ago.

good for you for having a large group of friends. 

• Like 3

I'm off work today.  I need to take 10 more days before the end of February or I'll lose them.  Gonna try to get some things accomplished around the house.  I have some nick knack little things to do to finish up the bedroom remodel like door handles on the French doors and one more threshold to put down.  Just got done mowing and stopping by to say hi.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm off work today.  I need to take 10 more days before the end of February or I'll lose them.

i remember those days.  in my service days, a GREAT many people were off during the month of September, as we could only have 60 days of leave on the books come October 1st. 

little different now ... everyday is Saturday.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

wow.  i don’t think i’ve had breakfast with 16 people in my life.  I can amputate all of my fingers and toes and still be able to count the high school friends that i am in contact with.  Not that i wasn't liked or had trouble getting along with people, i just moved away and never looked back -- i think they did the same. I’ve never been to a reunion either. about a month ago i tried to reconnect with an friend, only to find out that he died 10 years ago.

good for you for having a large group of friends. 

We had a drive-in in Wilmington kind of like the one on Happy Days with waitresses, trays attached to your window....It was called the Miljo which is short for Millie and Joe....the owners.  Folks from the 1950s to mid 1970s fondly remember their young days cruising from the Miljo to the beach and back.  Anyway I started a web page/sub group on FB which has grown to about 190 members.  A smaller group meets every Friday for breakfast.  I had so many request from ladies to join that I started their own group Miljo Girls which now is just shy of 200 members. 

Anyway...it's something to do.  Keeps me off the street.

IMG_1712.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2017 at 8:17 AM, johnnydrama said:

Are you kidding me? The pleasure was all mine! Just look at the picture, Jim even let me sit in "the sweet spot" the entire time. It was absolutely amazing to lay eyes and EARs on gear that most only dream about. I also walked away as a proud new owner of a pair of Heresy's that I intend to implement into a 2ch living room setup.

Thanks again @jimjimbo for a very exciting evening. Looking forward to doing it again sometime!

IMG_4013.JPG

DANG! That there is a Klipsch Heritage/McIntosh showroom. Sweet Jimjimbo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

We had a drive-in in Wilmington kind of like the one on Happy Days with waitresses, trays attached to your window....It was called the Miljo which is short for Millie and Joe....the owners.  Folks from the 1950s to mid 1970s fondly remember their young days cruising from the Miljo to the beach and back.  Anyway I started a web page/sub group on FB which has grown to about 190 members.  A smaller group meets every Friday for breakfast.  I had so many request from ladies to join that I started their own group Miljo Girls which now is just shy of 200 members. 

Anyway...it's something to do.  Keeps me off the street.

IMG_1712.JPG

Cool idea Chuck. Do you ever invite the ladies to the same event the men will be at? Seems like a winning idea to me.

• Like 2