Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Italian.   demitasse

Expresso use or other?

BTW, have 2 cup sizes here. Smaller type may have been sold for tea, yet nice in the morning for staying warm while I savor.

What I meant by half a cup which, having now.:emotion-44:

Thanks!

• Like 1

That'll do for now, thanks!

Old hotel in uptown Tally at one time, had a breakfast grill besides restaurant. The cups of suppose regular size were make of pottery or ceramics which appeared in white and looked hard wearing. Thinking that as recall a thicker made cup, which has to hold the heat better and that some espresso cups are made similar.

Carl, just posted one of(espresso), a couple of days ago here, of course.

IAC, I will be wanting to visit those thicker cups again.

• Like 2

Done right, espresso is tasty.

Billybob 

11 hours ago, billybob said:

Old hotel in uptown Tally at one time, had a breakfast grill besides restaurant. The cups of suppose regular size were make of pottery or ceramics which appeared in white and looked hard wearing. Thinking that as recall a thicker made cup, which has to hold the heat better and that some espresso cups are made similar.

A lot of restaurants use Buffalo China, which fits the description.  We use Buffalo China plates, bowls & mugs because they’re durable and retain heat.

84D3F0AF-6DAF-45AC-97B3-CEF34DE77E9F.jpeg

• Like 4

• Moderators
On November 16, 2017 at 6:47 PM, BigStewMan said:

nice to hear from you Elden ... give my regards to your bride and i hope you both have a great time and a safe trip back home.

Thank You, it has been fun, Key West was great, we went back out after a break to experience it after dark, really cool area. We sat at one of the bars with tables out by the street and just people watched after a walk from one end of Duval step the other.                                     It's fun to visit places you haven't been before.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On November 16, 2017 at 7:58 PM, wvu80 said:

How does the destruction look in the Keys after the recent hurricane season?

The older house trailers near the water got wiped out, but the Keys also have some newer construction and all that should be hurricane proof.

KewWest was in great shape, but all along Hwy 1 getting there was in pretty bad shape. I think it was around Marathon where they had it the worst. After we get home and I can get to my pic's I will post some. A lot of cleanup still going on, It's going to be a good while yet.

• Like 3

• Moderators
  • Miami beach today, this is a wild place but cool. I love the old restored hotels, very expensive town, most of the cars cost more than a normal home. :huh: We stayed at the hotel in the pic, the second one lit with reddish pink lights. Going back to Palm Beach tomorrow a leaving to go back home Sunday.:emotion-21:   I will explain later, from a computer instead of this iPad.

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Thank You, it has been fun, Key West was great, we went back out after a break to experience it after dark, really cool area. We sat at one of the bars with tables out by the street and just people watched after a walk from one end of Duval step the other.                                     It's fun to visit places you haven't been before.

I had a cousin that traveled for vacations quite a bit....Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Hawaii, he said one of the nicest places he's ever been to was Key West. He said the vibe was cool, and they seem to have perfect weather. He lived in Ft Meyers, which was warmer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dtel said:
  • Miami beach today, this is a wild place but cool. I love the old restored hotels, very expensive town, most of the cars cost more than a normal home. :huh: We stayed at the hotel in the pic, the second one lit with reddish pink lights. Going back to Palm Beach tomorrow a leaving to go back home Sunday.:emotion-21:   I will explain later, from a computer instead of this iPad.

image.jpeg

when you make it up to wpb .

check out carmine's on the pga boulevard..it's in pb garden's

http://www.carmines.com

now back too morning coffee..

pink skies in the morning , sailors warning...

IMG_20171118_064124_hdr.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Done right, espresso is tasty.

Billybob 

A lot of restaurants use Buffalo China, which fits the description.  We use Buffalo China plates, bowls & mugs because they’re durable and retain heat.

84D3F0AF-6DAF-45AC-97B3-CEF34DE77E9F.jpeg

That and the more round with less base are right on target for my recollection Neil. Buffalo China! I could really live with that. Had a work connection with Buffalo, NY at one time. One employee there was always

helping me out. Think there are nice people everywhere yet, something maybe the weather.

Words like stoneware and boneware had come to mind. May have to treat myself as Santa has become

somewhat less reliable down here. There again, maybe the weather.

Thanks!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, billybob said:

Good morning :emotion-44:Oh and forgot. Hotel had ice cubes piped in with a contraption in every room. Old school alright and before my time. Other tales about the place but, what goes on at the Floridian, stays there. Cool place! Before it eventually closed, stayed there for several weekends off and on. Porters there were happy to see you and take your luggage. Black and white fully tiled bathrooms. Radiators for heat...:)

Ah, was the place to stay in the day. Before my time though, of course.:emotion-44:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Miami beach today, this is a wild place but cool. I love the old restored hotels, very expensive town, most of the cars cost more than a normal home. :huh: We stayed at the hotel in the pic, the second one lit with reddish pink lights. Going back to Palm Beach tomorrow a leaving to go back home Sunday.:emotion-21:   I will explain later, from a computer instead of this iPad

Very nice! Sounds like you two are being taken care of by staff. Hope so!

Have fond memories of that area and of course, Coconut Grove. Enjoy!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

image.jpeg

and I also liked eating here on

the cheap !!! 

http://pollotropical.com

• Like 1