Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, rplace said:

Nice! IIRC, it only has to be 10% Blue Mountain to be called Blue Mountain...probably less when the word "blend" is used.

This is the real deal. I've got the cups, they are really nice. They way you drink coffee who cares about the best by date.

https://www.wholelattelove.com/maromas-orphea-gift-set

$15 starter set....! Good deal.....where's billybob....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rplace said:

Nice! IIRC, it only has to be 10% Blue Mountain to be called Blue Mountain...probably less when the word "blend" is used.

This is the real deal. I've got the cups, they are really nice. They way you drink coffee who cares about the best by date.

https://www.wholelattelove.com/maromas-orphea-gift-set

I don't drink coffee.    I consume coffee !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, babadono said:

The grain goes "horizontal" on these? Jeesh now I'm gonna have to take a close look at mine when I get home:D

Awesome score BTW billybob.

LaScala PRODUCTION panel cut-sheet lists (SPECIFICALLY made to reduce waste for production runs!) back in the day allowed for MORE horizontally-grained side panels than vertically grained side panels, at about a two or three to one ratio, so more LaScalas had horizontally-grained sides than vertically-grained sides due to the Production Cut lists at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

LaScala PRODUCTION panel cut-sheet lists (SPECIFICALLY made to reduce waste for production runs!) back in the day allowed for MORE horizontally-grained side panels than vertically grained side panels, at about a two or three to one ratio, so more LaScalas had horizontally-grained sides than vertically-grained sides due to the Production Cut lists at the time. 

Yea I figured it had something to do with getting more speaker boxes per pallet of raw plywood. Its all good, they're still beautiful in my eyes. And like I've said before someone can come and get'em after I'm dead.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Two weeks dealing with a cold that turned into a sinus infection (no hearing in the right ear) I decided to get out in the 74 degree weather.  Washed the Volvo then went to LF's and picked up the Bubble and washed it.  After 2 weeks of inactivity I will be bushed tonight.  And with half hearing no music for a spell.  Doc says by the end of the week it should be gone but he made me an appointment with the ear, nose, and throat folks just in case.

Enough about me how sick are you guys?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Two weeks dealing with a cold that turned into a sinus infection (no hearing in the right ear) I decided to get out in the 74 degree weather.  Washed the Volvo then went to LF's and picked up the Bubble and washed it.  After 2 weeks of inactivity I will be bushed tonight.  And with half hearing no music for a spell.  Doc says by the end of the week it should be gone but he made me an appointment with the ear, nose, and throat folks just in case.

when-you-cant-hear-what-someone-says-and-they-repeat-19921327.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

We all came down with the flu last year over Thanksgiving weekend and we so hope to avoid a repeat this year!  It was miserable!

Warmed up to 32 today - it feels nice!  It's been 0 or 18 and 35mph winds - I'll take cold over wind anytime!

Keep our three year old in your thoughts and prayers on Friday - have three hernias fixed up.  Should be routine - surgery is always unsettling on the littles.

Enjoying cup #2! :emotion-44: Have a wonderful week!

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, babadono said:

Yea I figured it had something to do with getting more speaker boxes per pallet of raw plywood. Its all good, they're still beautiful in my eyes. And like I've said before someone can come and get'em after I'm dead.:rolleyes:

They are lined up like vultures. :o:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Andy, you are just full of it,....................... good information that is. :)

• Like 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, akdave said:

Keep our three year old in your thoughts and prayers on Friday - have three hernias fixed up.  Should be routine - surgery is always unsettling on the littles.

Sure will, good luck. 

• Like 4