Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Thursday everyone!

On cup #2 of Java this morning - I was introduced last night to a new bourbon I thought I'd share (if it hasn't been already - may be old hat for some).  A friend recommended Knob Creek Single Barrel reserve, it's wonderful.  It is quite smooth and I really enjoyed the flavor.  If you haven't tried it - I give it a thumbs up.  Remember, I'm not even a whiskey enthusiast - so take this amateurs amateur opinion with two grains of salt.  :-)

Little man continues to heal - and get way more active - no issues so far!

Have a great day!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, richieb said:

--- the money saved in maintenance just might put him into those RF73's?! 

True Rich and Bill.  I was looking at Cayman's before buying the S2000.  There is no Porsche dealer here and the upkeep would have been much higher.   Anyone can work on the VTEC Honda.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

True Rich and Bill.  I was looking at Cayman's before buying the S2000.  There is no Porsche dealer here and the upkeep would have been much higher.   Anyone can work on the VTEC Honda.

just be though to work on vw engine

on steroids...it the special tools...

that get the average mechanic out

of wack...and the service manual...

and a possible special code reader..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

You don't have to work on the HONDA :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Closest Porsche dealer is an hour and a half from here.  Totally worth the drive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akdave said:

Good Thursday everyone!

On cup #2 of Java this morning - I was introduced last night to a new bourbon I thought I'd share (if it hasn't been already - may be old hat for some).  A friend recommended Knob Creek Single Barrel reserve, it's wonderful.  It is quite smooth and I really enjoyed the flavor.  If you haven't tried it - I give it a thumbs up.  Remember, I'm not even a whiskey enthusiast - so take this amateurs amateur opinion with two grains of salt.  :-)

Little man continues to heal - and get way more active - no issues so far!

Have a great day!

I'll look for it, thanks Dave.

How's the little one doing?

• Like 3

In college, I worked in the service department at a VW, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Subaru dealership.  Customers would come from 100s of miles to have our Porsche mechanics work on their 911s.  A small town Chevy dealership from some distance away brought in the proverbial "basket case" 911.  They had taken it in on trade and one of their mechanics, I believe his name was Bubba, took it apart, but couldn't put it back together properly.  Many hours and several thousand dollars later it was again running.

Normally the mechanics were fairly blase about working on 911s, 930s, 928s, etc, but I recall a day when a 914/6 came in; they were drawn to it like bees to honey.

Frequently customers would pose a question like this, "I can get a used 911 for $X,000.  Is that a good deal?"  My standard reply was to ask their budget, to which they usually replied with the same number as the purchase price.  I would then break the sad news to them that what sounds like a purchase price for a used Porsche is only the initiation fee.  Without double the purchase price for a budget, it was an unwise purchase.  It’s the dues that kill you.

• Like 2