Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Honda makes a hell of a lawn mower motor though.  I'll give them that.

And the world's finest motorcycles:D

And airplanes, and robots, and robotic medical surgeons....etc

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

@Ceptorman He seems to stay as busy as he wants to. Since he built the insulated heated shop behind his house, his wife won’t permit him to add running water.  She’s afraid she’d never see him.  The shop has TV, stereo, fridge full of beer, and a cigar humidor.  Only the occasional need for indoor plumbing drives him back into the house.

https://www.facebook.com/resetbikeshop/

2BDD818B-406D-4398-A37C-BB6AC4EE9948.jpeg

2F14C974-71D9-491A-84BB-1C8F4DE99847.jpeg

8DB6DDB5-C78E-455C-A6CB-D02950B8A23B.jpeg

Nice shop, stays close to home, but has some privacy....sweet.

• Like 5

oWhelp, after some "slipin and slidin" in the house.

Turned on the H/K 40 that came with LS with a small FM antenna, and I am listening to my favorite classical station which happens to be located on the side which is closest to me.

Listening to Pipe Dreams which of course features pipe organ music on Sundays here.

The LS has the most wondrous sound imaginable. With wonderful highs, mids, and oh yes, bass that is so wonderful. Finally have a chance now to sit down and just relax with a cold one. Unbelievable, I cannot imagine anything more right now than what I am hearing. Wonderful bliss...:emotion-19:

Alright, done for the moment.:emotion-22::emotion-25::emotion-51::emotion-29::emotion-29::emotion-29:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Whelp, after some "slipin and slidin" in the house.

Turned on the H/K 40 that came with LS with a small FM antenna, and I am listening to my favorite classical station which happens to be located on the side which is closest to me.

Listening to Pipe Dreams which of course features pipe organ music on Sundays here.

The LS has the most wondrous sound imaginable. With wonderful highs, mids, and oh yes, bass that is so wonderful. Finally have a chance now to sit down and just relax with a cild one. Unbelievable, I cannot imagine anything more right now than what I am hearing. Wonderful bliss...:emotion-19:

Alright, done for the moment.:emotion-22::emotion-25::emotion-51::emotion-29::emotion-29::emotion-29:

Sounds like a great day....sit back and enjoy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

How did you know it was going out, noise or leaking ?

You saved a ton of money, or at least one arm and part of a leg.

It leaked out all the coolant and stared  to overheat. Adding water just had it spray out around the pump shaft. It was worn badly.

• Like 2

Last evening my wife wanted to watch The Crown on Netflix on the “TV with the good sound.” So I cleared a spot on the couch and cleared away the junk on the coffee table and we watched.  It is quite well done by the way.

After about an hour she asks, "When did you get that?"  "Get what?"  "That 'tuner,'" she replied.  Bear in mind the KP-201 II's in the photo left here on Saturday.  The space was down to a pair of Heresy and a pair of Supers.  I honestly was not sure to what she referred.  "That ugly silver tuner.  There are two now."  Aha, she means the second Behringer iNuke 1000 DSP to power the third and fourth TH subs.  Naturally I replied, "That's not a tuner (true).  It's been there a long time (true).  It is ugly (true).  I'll paint it black (perhaps)."

What's the statute of limitations for sneaking new stuff into the system?  

E67A7DC6-F186-424A-9247-C528D3C27019.jpeg.d6e8491133270896ecefeb16c2c33d54.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

24 hours :D

Great.  The "tuner" has been there for months.  She's seen it many times, at least it was there to be seen, over the last few months without so much as a peep.  She's waived her right to complain. ;)

I couldn't resist an open box special at Parts Express.  I've never powered it up.  I should do that to confirm operation.

• Like 3