Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning my friends here in CC&C ...:emotion-44:......I know, I have not been stopping by for a visit often enough.   BUT,  to make up for that, I JUST took this photo moments ago to share during breakfast time here in the cold NorthEast  (10 degrees out there!)

Here then a wonderful tasting coffee, the 2.5 lb. bag is a gift from Mike (dirtmud) which was part of a grand care package I never saw coming!, but arrived at my door a couple weeks back...   What a guy :emotion-21:

The mugs are D&D Winter motif from last season, but are still being sold now in their stores...

The CABLES I just made up which make it easy to run the all TUBE gear with the new Reference Premier 280F towers...

Oh, and MIke, the coffee IS excellent !  Thanks for brightening our morning :DDSCN1995.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you for that Chuck :), he sure is generous....   He also included some other 'goodies' which I am saving for opening on Christmas Day!  There are a stack of LPs carefully packaged, can't wait to see what he sent ^_^..

Now, I am sorry to learn that your ear has not healed just yet, and of course, we have missed you greatly...   LOTS of reel to reel postings from Mossy, he has the VERY nice 'Revox' now that plays the half track pre-recorded tapes...   Get well soon my friend, and come on over to meet Tim, a new fellow, great guy, building a pair of mono block tube amps FROM SCRATCH !!!

I'll be around.....   Thanks for checking in this morning.....   :emotion-44:

.............Gary

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Good morning Gary.  Looks like Mike is very generous!  Great shot of your morning fare. 

Finishing my second cup and considering breakfast.

I'll be back with you gents over in RTM when my ear clears......no music for a month here:(

if you sent me your address....

I would gladly share !

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Good morning my friends here in CC&C ...:emotion-44:......I know, I have not been stopping by for a visit often enough.   BUT,  to make up for that, I JUST took this photo moments ago to share during breakfast time here in the cold NorthEast  (10 degrees out there!)

Here then a wonderful tasting coffee, the 2.5 lb. bag is a gift from Mike (dirtmud) which was part of a grand care package I never saw coming!, but arrived at my door a couple weeks back...   What a guy :emotion-21:

The mugs are D&D Winter motif from last season, but are still being sold now in their stores...

The CABLES I just made up which make it easy to run the all TUBE gear with the new Reference Premier 280F towers...

Oh, and MIke, the coffee IS excellent !  Thanks for brightening our morning :DDSCN1995.jpg

it's a hard coffee to beat @ 4.79 lb...

you can spend a lot more on other coffee..and it won't be quite enjoyable...but it's my standard brew.

And at times I need too try something different...that's cost effective...especially the way I drink

coffee...

but they had their other brand

Berkley and Jensen Colombia

coffee..that blew that one off

the planet !

51TGPNoPJsL._SY450_.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tigerman said:

.............oh, and Mike suggested that THESE tasty waffers (he also sent) should be sampled with that coffee :)  DSCN1996.jpg

Cables, coffee --- I see what you did here?!  Very clever ---. Including a cocktail with this morning shot may have been over the top. I say May have been --- 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Cables, coffee --- I see what you did here?!  Very clever ---. Including a cocktail with this morning shot may have been over the top. I say May have been --- 

Gary did not say...he did not spike

his coffee with sambuca..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Gary did not say...he did not spike

his coffee with sambuca..

No, NO spiking......  I needed to see just how good the coffee stood on its own..........BLACK, BABY !!  :lol:   (except, like all medium roasts, I drank a few mugs today, and now, HOURS after breakfast is over,  I GOT THE SHAKES!!!)  :o    (this doesn't happen with Starbucks and other dark roasts, as many know, most of the caffine is roasted OUT of those coffees):)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigerman said:

No, NO spiking......  I needed to see just how good the coffee stood on its own..........BLACK, BABY !!  :lol:   (except, like all medium roasts, I drank a few mugs today, and now, HOURS after breakfast is over,  I GOT THE SHAKES!!!)  :o    (this doesn't happen with Starbucks and other dark roasts, as many know, most of the caffine is roasted OUT of those coffees):)

Gary I don't understand....I only

get the shakes when I don't have coffee.... so next mad session make

sure you share with pez..unless you

run out...I will send you another to

share with pez....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh Mike, aren't you the kind Santa this season :)    :emotion-51:      :emotion-51:       :emotion-51:   .....    

Ok on M.A.D. and Pezz..........He will actually be BACK on RTM starting next week....We can tell him about the coffee.   Remember, he is the one that turned us on to Melitta, which is HIS only coffee of choice, you'll have to convince him too :ph34r2:   

He has been working straight through the weekends, so, that is 3 weeks now, up EVERY MORNING at 4AM.  !!!!   I could not do it...   He will be ready to relax and hang on RTM next Friday night I would think...  :emotion-21:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Oh Mike, aren't you the kind Santa this season :)    :emotion-51:      :emotion-51:       :emotion-51:   .....    

Ok on M.A.D. and Pezz..........He will actually be BACK on RTM starting next week....We can tell him about the coffee.   Remember, he is the one that turned us on to Melitta, which is HIS only coffee of choice, you'll have to convince him too :ph34r2:   

He has been working straight through the weekends, so, that is 3 weeks now, up EVERY MORNING at 4AM.  !!!!   I could not do it...   He will be ready to relax and hang on RTM next Friday night I would think...  :emotion-21:

I don't have to convince him...

just pour him a cup...and tell him melitta's ...New brew !

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it's a hard coffee to beat @ 4.79 lb...

you can spend a lot more on other coffee..and it won't be quite enjoyable...but it's my standard brew.

And at times I need too try something different...that's cost effective...especially the way I drink

coffee...

but they had their other brand

Berkley and Jensen Colombia

coffee..that blew that one off

the planet !

51TGPNoPJsL._SY450_.jpg

Must be good coffee.  I just looked for it on amazon.  None in stock and no idea when they'll get any.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Must be good coffee.  I just looked for it on amazon.  None in stock and no idea when they'll get any.

I think bjs changed suppliers..

just read the label ... batch roasted..

so it might of been small batches that

were roasted...to control the quality..

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Interesting - didn't know SBucks roasts caffeine out of their coffee. Is this typical when coffee is "over" roasted? Glad I've been saving my $$$ not marching in line to SBucks. They seem to do quite well without  my black coffee order! Besides I'm embarrassed as I stare at their 20ft. blackboard menu as if trying to figure out the physics of a nuclear bomb. When I order "just black coffee please" they look at me like-  I 1) just jumped off the turnip truck, 2) my spaceship just landed in the parking lot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ok Rich...............lets adjust things here...........I have learned, that when you go into a Starbucks, you make everyone behind the counter happy when you say..............."What is the coffee of the day?"   Usually, one of their DARK roasts, Sumatra is one of their standards another is Veranda or the French Roast / Italian Roast, this is usually at the ready for them on any given day...   Their 'goodies' are all made from good ingredients these days, as they have cleaned up their act in that dept.

Now, and the roasts, the darker has the stronger, more full bodied flavour which I really like on occasion, and the rule is, the darker the roast, the less caffeine ....   The means, Espresso has the least when compared to the dark roasts.

The medium roasts like most restaurants offer, and standard roasts at D&D's, Tim Hortons and the like, have lots of kick !   The roast that Mike sent me has a very nice flavour for a medium roast, but I was not even thinking when I took my 3rd mug (you saw the photos of it) down to the studio to do some office work.........shortly after that, I was putting in a new dimmer for the livingroom end table lamps.   I was having a hard time holding the screws to put the 5 switch - switch plate back on and actually dropped the screws TWICE !   I had to think what the heck was THIS all about?   Then, dawned on me...........the coffee of course :lol:...

There my friend, is your L O N G answer :)

PS.  I am off the coffee now, and the WINE has started for the day / evening.............

• Like 4