Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Merry Christmas to all the CC&C gang.  Hope you all get what you want and not what you deserve:P

Mike and I will be having a contest to see who feels worse!  On the positive side I do feel better than yesterday.  Keeping LF away so as not to contaminate her. 

Jake's feeling puny too.  Made him a pot of cheese and bacon grits as a treat.  Feel better Jake!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Merry Christmas to all the CC&C gang.  Hope you all get what you want and not what you deserve:P

Mike and I will be having a contest to see who feels worse!  On the positive side I do feel better than yesterday.  Keeping LF away so as not to contaminate her. 

Jake's feeling puny too.  Made him a pot of cheese and bacon grits as a treat.  Feel better Jake!

I tried to make coffee this morning..

after I poured the water in the reservoir.....I continued scooping

the coffee....and added it too the

water reservoir....I missed the basket !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Get your roast in a turbo oven by visual unless your ambient temperature is always the same.  Roasted to only slightly darker than the first bunch last night, but it was 30 degrees colder on the porch than for the first batch and instead of the 5 minutes extra or so I expected the batch took about 2 hours.  Still came out fine and hassle free, but I really had no idea that the ambient temp would have such an impact.  

Of course, visual is no problem since the roaster is glass.  Actually thinking about doing the next batch inside since this method doesn't produce the smoke that open roasting in cast iron, my established method, does.  Just take it outside to blow off the chaff.  Will report after next roasting on the difference.  

Enjoying my solitary Christmas morning cup of Columbian Supremo from last nights batch while I wait for the others to stir.  Cold and clear, chance of snow tonight and for the next few days.  

Dave

Coffee.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Been thinking about you, wish you were here. Not alot of family around you right now but don't think there are not people who appreciate and love you!

Merry Christmas to anyone I missed.

Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy the time with friends and family.

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

thanks my mississippi brother. may your day be blessed.

That line sounds like a good start to a rockin song....keep it going!

2 hours ago, teaman said:

Merry Christmas everyone. Hoping everyone enjoys the holidays and has a safe, healthy and prosperous 2018!

Tim

I think I am going to like 2018, I can feel it. I've been self employed for 24 years, but recently received a very nice offer from a very good company. At first I told the guy thanks, but I'm not sure I want to make this jump, but he has upped his offer, and now I'm seriously thinking about taking him up on the job. I actually feel blessed to receive this gift, and appreciated. 

Merry Christmas everyone, and have a great 2018 :D

There's a pretty good group of people around here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas to all. Hey it's still early out here. Enjoying a few cups with Irish Cream Liqueur. Trying to work up the gumption to fire up the waffle iron. It was only 78 -80 degrees here yesterday not to Christmassy. But today looks a little cooler and overcast.

Best wishes to all.

• Like 4

• Moderators
20 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

thanks my mississippi brother. may your day be blessed.

Thanks dude, I feel that way, and you to

21 hours ago, Mallette said:

Just got back from my church Christ Mass.

Nice picture. :emotion-21:

14 hours ago, Tigerman said:

the scene from our home to yours

Very nice looking room and tree, looks comfortable. :cool:

10 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I actually feel blessed to receive this gift, and appreciated. 

Great news, hope it is everything you hope for.

13 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

On the positive side I do feel better than yesterday.  Keeping LF away so as not to contaminate her. 

Glad your feeling a little better, good idea with the LF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Merry 2nd day of Christmas morning my friends................thanks for the lovely compliments on our livingroom/tree setup...   

Our dinner party of 6 courses when off without a hitch.   The swordfish on the grill with an outdoor temp of 25 degrees last night did not hinder the cooking.  I just cooked them at 4 minutes a side....   (needless to say, I was nervous that they would be undercooked again as in the past)

Well, a bit SLOW this morning, BUT, I received my gift of 2 Starbuck's Christmas blend 2017 bags...   Emptied one into the KitchenAid burr grinder, and hung the bag up with all the others dating back to 2004 as is the tradition this time of year :).

.........and here is a fresh photo of this morning's pre-breakfast activity :emotion-44:...   Enjoy the day everyone, I will be enjoying music in the Hall later today, but, cleanup is of the essence first after breakfast...:wacko:DSCN2366.jpg

• Like 4

Jeff at Reset Bike Shop https://www.facebook.com/resetbikeshop/  reset my 1974 Legnano Campy equipped road bike a few years ago.  Now a couple of one-owner sexagenerians (I wish that was as much fun as it sounds) own restored antique one-owner bikes.  If you're anywhere near Kalamazoo, MI, I highly recommend Jeff for breathing new life into old bikes.

299423_408325085889070_258666525_n (1).JPG

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Looks like some good eats and drinks around here. My loving wife made these for Christmas Dinner dessert. We had 23 family and friends join us yesterday.

image.thumb.png.14065926107fec321730edea563314b2.png

Looks delicious.

Is it pee'- can, pe - can', or pah' - cahn?  No matter which way, they taste great.

• Like 4