Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

54 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

By the way I had the northern version of good luck food for lunch at LF's place.  Pork tenderloin and sauerkraut in the slow cooker.  Here we usually have black eyed peas and collards.

this is done here .

these are not really how the old

Italian 's did it....they used rappini

instead of escarole...

at least my grandmother did

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

By the way I had the northern version of good luck food for lunch at LF's place.  Pork tenderloin and sauerkraut in the slow cooker.  Here we usually have black eyed peas and collards.

Interesting tradition since in the south it is not only black eyed peas and greens, it is also for consumption on New Year's Day, not the day before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Bill i wish you the best ....

this coming New Year's !

Thanks Mike, I actually feel blessed by the job offer. I've been self employed for 25 years, not sure I want to work for someone else, but the guy has upped his original offer quite a bit. I hope 2018 bring you and Gia wonderful things.

58 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Well yes I'm going out but chances are I will be sleeping before most of you....well maybe not dtel:D

Jimbo you be careful crossing the road!

Bill it sounds like good things heading your way.

Mike the ossobuco looks yummy.  I may have rendang beef, oxtail soup, and whatever looks yummy.

Dinner reservations at 6:30, one glass of wine, and off to LF's casa.  May record the ball coming down but probably not.

Thanks Chuck, I believe 2018 will be a good year.

45 minutes ago, richieb said:

Your Pop has quite the beard and head of hair !! Season proper suit too --- 

Hah....he sure has an impressive hand shake also!

26 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Thank you for that ceptor, looks like your dad is having a good time right there :D !

Yes he was. He was quoted by two of my brothers at their daughter's wedding day speech...."if you can't have a good time around this gang, there's something wrong with you" :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In bed by 10 though LF's coughing woke me several times.  I'm afraid she is getting the bug:(

Dinner was good especially the shrimp and vegetable fritter appetizers and the fried bananas for dessert.

Jake looking more frisky this morning:)

23 degrees now.

Hope all you gents have a wonderful 2018!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Happy New Year.  I hope everyone has a great year and we meet in Hope.

Starting off the year right with a cup of Kona.  Later today when it gets above freezing I may brave the weather and start taking down the house lights.  The holidays are officially over and it's time to go full speed ahead into the new year.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1