Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

With what I  term "high HP" 500+, or "extreme HP" 700+ comes restraint, commonsense and lots of both. On ramp speeds of 90-100 are ridiculously quick, quick bursts see 75mph+. Doubling and tripling posted limits are grounds for jail and impounding the vehicle on the spot. And the legal costs involved are through the roof. And then your insurance gets involved. Even if "safely" executed it is still considered reckless driving and all its implications. No doubt this kind of power, sound and eye candy is a bunch of fun but you must be really careful and very aware of your surroundings. This was the same when riding 180hp+ motorcycles where you have to be judicious with the gas and pick your spots. Those two wheel missles can bite you hard. And on either vehicle so can the law. 

• Like 6

Fuel efficient.....

Back in 1986 the Honda CRX HF was rated @ 49 mpg. One of my mechanic buds had one and he was 52 mpg. 

Hollow camshaft, roller rocker valve train, aluminum brake drums and you could pick up a wheel with your pinky...... and it was carburator.

I remember you could take 3rd gear up to 80mph+

Idled like crapp lol lol

MKP :-)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davis said:

Very good advice, and this man has the experience of which he speaks.

I became a better and much more aware driver after, and still, many years of riding hi-performance motorcycles. And riding two-up gives you that much more responsibility. The new super bikes are so ridiculous in their power yet so docile when ridden sanely. Considering the bikes and cars Ive owned and have only one very minor speeding ticket shows how much I respect the machine(s) and their ramifications. When riding with groups of guys that while on lesser powered bikes would leave me in their dust I knew my limitations and rode to those. It's when your ego has you wanting to keep up and thinking you can double the posted corner speed and you either go off corner or center punch the car in the opposite lane. In most cases, your dead. And I've been on more than one ride when someone has had to be life flighted to a hospital. Damn sobering when the bike is wadded around a tree, guy unconscious on the road and a copter hovering overhead. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, richieb said:

I became a better and much more aware driver after, and still, many years of riding hi-performance motorcycles. And riding two-up gives you that much more responsibility. The new super bikes are so ridiculous in their power yet so docile when ridden sanely. Considering the bikes and cars Ive owned and have only one very minor speeding ticket shows how much I respect the machine(s) and their ramifications. When riding with groups of guys that while on lesser powered bikes would leave me in their dust I knew my limitations and rode to those. It's when your ego has you wanting to keep up and thinking you can double the posted corner speed and you either go off corner or center punch the car in the opposite lane. In most cases, your dead. And I've been on more than one ride when someone has had to be life flighted to a hospital. Damn sobering when the bike is wadded around a tree, guy unconscious on the road and a copter hovering overhead. 

My brother-in-law has a Challenger and just recently coming back from Reno he received another ticket. His third for speeding. Lucky for him that ticket was in another state. We told him time and time again you keep messing around like this you're not going to have a car to get to work they will revoke your license. I chided him and said obviously you like giving free money back to the government. I told him he has a great job making 5 grand a month and you're going to piss it away on speeding. Told him to get rid of that car. 

He finally got it. I think he's been ticket free for a year so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Gary.....mines not quite that fast but the top has never blown off either.  Do a S2000 youtube search and watch LHT Performance do a supercharger install.  These guys are meticulous and work on a car like it's theirs.  The 40th install is a good one to view.

Someone is begging me to sell them my Volvo so I've been on the net looking around.  This morning a 2014 Rousch stage 3 Mustang with 1800 miles showed up for $36,000 and change.  575hp.

Also saw a 2005 Saleen Mustang for $15,000.  325hp.

Yesterday I was on the phone with Carvana and was about to lock up a 2017 Mustang GT with 6 speed manual and 435hp.  Only 642 miles.  When she tried to put it in lock mode so no one else could buy it someone else locked it:mellow:

So today I'm changing direction and going to look at a 2013 Honda RDX.  Opal black with parchment interior.  More practical I guess but not as exciting for sure.  The young lady with Carvana is suppose to call me and let me know if the GT sold or not.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, oldtimer said:
18 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I don't ever remember anything being hidden in the CCC thread.

Neither do I, which further deepens the conspiracy.

Some parts of the country are a couple of days behind the rest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Do like I did Rich, take that bike to the track :D

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, richieb said:

Was hoping to hear from you Ceptor -- 

and hands down you are right, track time is The place to ride fast, learn and - be safe.

I'm not into street bikes.....

I like the dirt and mud .....

the only thing I have to worry about..

are trees....they don't move....ore

jump in your way...

• Like 3