Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just returned from a convention at Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine, Texas.  The coffee in the hotel was very good, as was the food.  We’re kept busy so we usually never leave the hotel but we played hooky on Thursday and took a cab into downtown Grapevine.

In the space of an hour the temp dropped ~15 degrees.  Winds of 45 mph at 38 degrees made strolling Grapevine quite unpleasant, even for Michiganders.

To catch a 7am flight home on Friday, we had to leave the hotel at 5am with no breakfast or coffee.  After navigating TSA, we hit McDonald’s for coffee — my wife likes their coffee — and breakfast.  Unfortunately, they put cream and sugar in mine, which, for me, makes it undrinkable.  

My first coffee was then on the plane.  The best that can be said is that it was hot.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:
20 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

it's almost 60 here....and tomorrow

a high of 17 and a low of -11

We had a high of 64 yesterday, and the windchill currently is -7

Sure......that's normal :D

Yea kinda the same here...... working in a t-shirt yesterday. even worked on a car on the parking lot was mid 60's. But today is a different story..... woke up to snow on the ground and temp in the high 20's and temps dropping, got some windy conditions also.

MKP :-)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Just returned from a convention at Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine, Texas.  The coffee in the hotel was very good, as was the food.  We’re kept busy so we usually never leave the hotel but we played hooky on Thursday and took a cab into downtown Grapevine.

In the space of an hour the temp dropped ~15 degrees.  Winds of 45 mph at 38 degrees made strolling Grapevine quite unpleasant, even for Michiganders.

To catch a 7am flight home on Friday, we had to leave the hotel at 5am with no breakfast or coffee.  After navigating TSA, we hit McDonald’s for coffee — my wife likes their coffee — and breakfast.  Unfortunately, they put cream and sugar in mine, which, for me, makes it undrinkable.  

My first coffee was then on the plane.  The best that can be said is that it was hot.

Yeah I loved those 6am flights to the right coast. Up around 4, get ready, get car to the airport and of course more waiting. Even 5a, for me, is too early for coffee. I am lucky that I could fall asleep quickly on those early flights. Nothing better than waking up, again, in Newark and facing 8:30 traffic. Love me the smell of Newark in the morning--?!

• Like 2

On 2/6/2014 at 9:06 AM, Tarheel said:

Eight O'clock.....use to grind that for folks when I was a bag boy at the A&P in the mid 60s. Always smelled wonderful.

I do have a small grinder and have recently ground (or is it grinded?) some Trader Joe's cheap beans.

Okay.....for you serious guys....I bet you drink yours black? No cream, sugar, artificial sweeteners? I neglected to say I use coconut cream and Stevia. That's got to go....right?

I drink a lot of 8 o clock also. Drinking some now with almond milk but every now and then I add fresh cream.  I also grind my own beans using a bodum burr grinder and drink a Jamaican blend from fresh market very often also.  Going to order some from New Guinea when I run low because I hear its very good for the money spent. My only thing to add is try a french press. Very good coffee!!

• Like 2

On 2/6/2014 at 8:41 AM, CECAA850 said:

The cheapest thing to do would be to keep your existing coffee maker buy a cheap burr grinder and find a local roaster to get fresh beans. Big step up in quality without a huge investment.

We have a local called  TJs Roasters I've been hitting some lately and its very good for a new company.

https://tjsroaster.com

• Like 2

On 2/6/2014 at 9:17 AM, sputnik said:

When I use cream, I just go all out with heavy whipping cream. Gotta warn you, once you try it you'll never go back to half and half.

I buy fresh cold cream in the bottle like was delivered many moons grasshopper :)! The stuff that splits into two layers if you let it sit. It’s killer in homemade ice cream also. It’s bottled in KY but I don’t remember the brand

• Like 3