Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks guys.  Jake left this world Friday at 5:30 pm after my vet came to the house and said Jake's heart was deteriorated from previous heart worms.  His resting heart rate was 160 and should have been 70.  Leaking heart valves. He was retaining fluid and gasping for breath.

I spent the last two hours on the floor with Jake trying to comfort him and to come to terms with what was to happen.  Yesterday was spent with burial in my side yard.  A friend came to help and we both dug to exhaustion.

Jake's suffering is over.

He was my boy........

IMG_1269.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

That had to be difficult Chuck. I am also very sad to hear of the Jake's passing. As said before , I cry more for animals here lately than people sometimes. Not the news was hoping for.Thankfully we have the memories and the photos. Alright then, glad you had help with the burial. Take care.

Would say more but can't...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks guys.  Jake left this world Friday at 5:30 pm after my vet came to the house and said Jake's heart was deteriorated from previous heart worms.  His resting heart rate was 160 and should have been 70.  Leaking heart valves. He was retaining fluid and gasping for breath.

I spent the last two hours on the floor with Jake trying to comfort him and to come to terms with what was to happen.  Yesterday was spent with burial in my side yard.  A friend came to help and we both dug to exhaustion.

Jake's suffering is over.

He was my boy........

IMG_1269.JPG

Im so sorry! They are such a big part of my life  I don't have kids so dogs get treated real good around here also. I can tell your the same way.  I know there are so many animals that are not treated well and all we can do is to know how much love we gave them and how much we got in return. RIP Jake!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My thoughts are with you my friend.
When I was 8 my Shepherd followed me everywhere. Took me to the school bus and awaited my return. Sat at my feet while I fished and chased wolves and coyotes to me while I was on horseback. Yes, I shot them to protect the cattle.

At some point he was hit by a car and paralyzed in his hind legs although he continued to drag himself everywhere I went. That was so sad but I didn't want it to end. My grandfather took my dog out of his misery with a gun  and I have never gotten over that moment.
Our love continues as does your's with Jake; they know that and grins at you (and me) from above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tarheel said:

2NDDAJ:(

Man I am so sorry, Chuck. That is the toughest decision to make. Selfishly you want to keep them around as long as you can but you know what is best for them. Rough days ahead, I'll be thinking of you and Jake. All the best.

RIP Jake

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

same here.  Chuck, I am so sorry for your loss too.  it is SO hard when we lose not just a "pet" but a family member.  we have 4 now but lost one almost 4 years ago.  he suddenly became ill.  our vets & us could not find the cause, so we lost him.  words elude me.  RIP Jake.  thoughts and prayers for you Chuck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

time for COFFEE and change..

Roll that up for some more vinyl! I see a bicentennial quarter on top. Can we have a contest to guess the amount? I'm saying $413.13

EDIT: Google says a pound of random coins is about 12 bucks in NYC and slightly less in Boston. So place your bets accordingly. I should have googled before guessed.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, rplace said:

Roll that up for some more vinyl! I see a bicentennial quarter on top. Can we have a contest to guess the amount? I'm saying $413.13

EDIT: Google says a pound of random coins is about 12 bucks in NYC and slightly less in Boston. So place your bets accordingly. I should have googled before guessed.

your short....

• Like 3