Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Not sure if this qualifies as a dream or a nightmare.  Last night I dreamt I was in a car with my bride on a snow covered road when an oncoming Volvo wagon forced us off the road.  As it passed, I distinctly saw Chuck, @Tarheel, and his LF in the Volvo.  I know Chuck's Volvo is black; the car in the dream was gold, but dreams often have bits of fact mixed with bits of fantasy.  The question is, can I send Chuck the bill for getting towed out of the ditch?  The correct response has to be, "In your dreams.";)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My dealership closed at noon today due to weather.  That's close enough to 5.

I've never subscribed to that 5:00 thing. Anytime is the right time for a drink in my book. Work closing calls for a double!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

So you left before you would be

So, you left before you would be . . . 

Yep.  Not a lot of experienced icy road drivers round here.  I learned how to drive in it years ago but I don't want to be on the roads with those that haven't.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Good morning:emotion-44: Woke up to rain and 32 degrees. Hard freeze warning for tomorrow morning. May brave it out later for a couple of things.

Keeps raining will have to pull out my rubbers. I know, my kind of weather right.

20 here this morning.  I was watching the news this morning and some Houston roads have been closed and people at a stand still for 5 hours.  I can't imagine how far traffic is backed up.  We're not used to this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Morning all!

Mid-20s and about 3 inches of light fluffy snow that I just shoveled off my driveway. It's a long/wide driveway but I just did not feel like firing up the tractor and getting diesel fumes up in me. I've been meaning to get back on the workout bandwagon. I'll count todays 1.5 hours of shoveling as my first workout of 2018. Now time for that 2nd cup of joe.:emotion-44:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning.

Wish I could say I saw, heard, or felt the meteor last evening in Southeast Michigan, but I did not.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/17/16900274/meteor-detroit-explode-nasa-meteorite

If this is for real, why wasn’t there been more news about it’s impending arrival?  Are we no better at predicting such events than the dinosaurs?  I gues their meteor was bigger than this one.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

20 here this morning.  I was watching the news this morning and some Houston roads have been closed and people at a stand still for 5 hours.  I can't imagine how far traffic is backed up.  We're not used to this.

Dang, just looked at the radar, and looks like we were on the tailend of some snow. 31 but feels like 21. Cat elected to stay in this morning...^_^ Looks like Chuck and Bruce in the thick of it. Looks like a snow day it you want it...Carl...:emotion-21:

• Like 4