Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

know about Windex, ammonia, newspaper, alcohol, and microfiber towels. 

What else?

I think you named some of the best already, but there is something much better than Windex if your looking for something easy like that. It was under the cabinet so I tried it and it does not streak like Windex. It's called Invisible Glass, it seems to work well.

I hate cleaning glass, I know the newspaper thing is good but I just hate using it.....not that I clean windows often at all. I mostly use it for removing junk from glasses or Yeti cups I need to put a stencil on to etch.

s-l1000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, dtel said:

I think you named some of the best already, but there is something much better than Windex if your looking for something easy like that. It was under the cabinet so I tried it and it does not streak like Windex. It's called Invisible Glass, it seems to work well.

I hate cleaning glass, I know the newspaper thing is good but I just hate using it.....not that I clean windows often ta all. I mostly use it for removing junk from glasses or Yeti cups I need to put a stencil on to etch.

s-l1000.jpg

Need a reason to choose Stoner?

https://www.invisibleglass.com

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Looking at the sun streaming through the filthy windows.  Who has the magic pill for exterior window cleaning?  I know about Windex, ammonia, newspaper, alcohol, and microfiber towels. 

What else?

Lol, now I know you cannot have forgotten about vinegar, as much as we drink it here. A little white vinegar on a white cloth. Too cold for a ladder. Try a skyhook instead. Although, I prefer the diffusion of sunlight through a dirty window. A bit of old world charm about it as it claSHES WITH MY Spartan OCCUPREMENTS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

3 martinis........tomorrow will be a better day.

I want one! Was on the wagon last night. I think I have the shakes.

Top of the morning to all you Coffee Consuming Cowboys. I think today is the day we move above freezing. I'm ready for a mid-winter thaw. What say you all?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rplace said:

Top of the morning to all you Coffee Consuming Cowboys. I think today is the day we move above freezing. I'm ready for a mid-winter thaw. What say you all?

it's -7 here......

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

We will have a warmup also...High of 30 today, 38 tomorrow, and in the 50s over the weekend!

I like the snow, but hate the cold.

Ever rode a snowmobile?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Ever rode a snowmobile?

I was born in Indiana, moved to Michigan when I was 10. When you cross the border they give you a snowmobile as a house warming gift. I remember going trick-or-treating with a snowmobile suit over my costume because it was so damn cold. Had to unzip like a flasher at every house then run to the next with my frozen snickers. No thanks, been moving further south since I was in my 20s. I won't be happy till I live at the equator. Don't care if I ever see snow again...and I was just back in Michigan for a week. It totally reinforced my thoughts. If there was any part of my being that thought "well maybe the cold is not so bad" it was eradicated upon that fist morning with frozen nose hairs. You Michigan/Wisconsin/Minnesota people know what I am talking about. You breath in and all your snot/hairs are frozen together like a faulty zipped Ziploc bag of veggies in your freezer. All crystalized and nasty.

Sorry, frozen rant over. I think I have frozen-PTSD from my recent trip back home. I'll try and thaw out with some more coffee!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

morning all.  more of a lurker than a poster over in this thread but thought I'd check in.  it's been as cold here as most anywhere else.  dipped in places night before last near 10 I think.  in the teens last night.  got a dusting of snow Tuesday, barely got to freezing yesterday.  should get to +/- 40 today, and 65 Saturday.  you know what they say - don't like the weather?  give it a little while.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davis said:

I have never ridden a snowmobile.

I know they have some fast ones.

But then again I wont ride my motorcycle under 65 degrees.

My magic number on a bike was 50, now it's 60!

I grew up on dirt bikes and quads, they are a blast. Jet skis are fun also. Gokarts are awesome. Riding a street bike is a little more fun. Racing a motorcycle is a thrill.

But nothing is as much fun as riding a snowmobile:D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My magic number on a bike was 50, now it's 60!

I grew up on dirt bikes and quads, they are a blast. Jet skis are fun also. Gokarts are awesome. Riding a street bike is a little more fun. Racing a motorcycle is a thrill.

But nothing is as much fun as riding a snowmobile:D

Funny that you mention that Bill.  I was talking to my bud bluesboy out on the west coast and mentioned that some guys on the forum had said I should have the top down on the bubble at 50 degrees.  I told him maybe at 60 degrees:)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Funny that you mention that Bill.  I was talking to my bud bluesboy out on the west coast and mentioned that some guys on the forum had said I should have the top down on the bubble at 50 degrees.  I told him maybe at 60 degrees:)

50 if you got a couple of martinis in ya!:o

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I would say 60 is a good number. But after a long cold winter, maybe a temp in the 40s would be ok with the top down.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1