Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 hours ago, WillyBob said:

was looking at some RB-81 II's.  Any thoughts?  They are dirt cheap.

can a mod cut the excess off this post. I don't know what I did.

thnx

WillyBob

WillyBob - BUY THEM!!  I have a pair that I bought for (overkill) rear surrounds and I'm tempted to pull them down and use them for two channel.  I played with them that way for a couple of months (2 channel) before I put them on the wall and I LOVE them!  I'm a fan of the front facing port (I know not all are), but I think they sound wonderful!  If they're on the cheap - GET THEM - I'm confident you will not be disappointed!  And as dtel said - you can sell them if you don't like them.  (Someone will take them!)  Good luck!  Enjoy!!  (think you could use parenthesis this much in one post?) game on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Me three:) But I ain't retired yet so only use twice a week on the weekend

I only used mine once....to much

of a chore ( by the time it's ground ..I , I have a mug already down.. ) .....but I have not 

found any beans i like to grind...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, akdave said:

WillyBob - BUY THEM!!  I have a pair that I bought for (overkill) rear surrounds and I'm tempted to pull them down and use them for two channel.  I played with them that way for a couple of months (2 channel) before I put them on the wall and I LOVE them!  I'm a fan of the front facing port (I know not all are), but I think they sound wonderful!  If they're on the cheap - GET THEM - I'm confident you will not be disappointed!  And as dtel said - you can sell them if you don't like them.  (Someone will take them!)  Good luck!  Enjoy!!  (think you could use parenthesis this much in one post?) game on!

Dave  , how are the little ones....

And did you have your surfboard ready this morning ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

@280 ea, new

sounded OK to me.  IDK I am trusting y'all to keep me right

I would use our burr grinder, but I am not up to hand cranking it at 4AM.  I normally use a braun spice mill. It OK, sort of, if you like a mix of grind/s.

I mix pre grinds.  does that count...

were are you located within ?

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

That's what happens when you try to enlarge a tiny photo:mellow:

Oh Ok, for a minute there I thought you went to the Dirtmudd school of photography. :huh:

Sorry Dirtmudd, but I thought I was going blind the way you use to take pictures.  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Oh Ok, for a minute there I thought you went to the Dirtmudd school of photography. :huh:

Sorry Dirtmudd, but I thought I was going blind the way you use to take pictures.  :P

I still do take pictures like that..

then realized it was the lighting....

and still the tablet sucks for taking pictures

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, dirtmudd said:

and still the tablet sucks for taking pictures

I know, I used a iPad a couple of times to post a pic here just because it was so much easier. No matter how still I held it the pic was terrible, and with less light it went down hill quick..

• Like 3

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

60 mile SW of Tucson

my wife hates the term ... but we are "hill folk".  You prolly guessed by now.

I think SW of Tucson hill folk has a little different meaning to hill folk in some places in the back woods of the Eastern mountains ?

Can't talk, from the S part of Louisiana is not what most would consider normal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was visiting family in IN. My bro-in-law cautioned me about the "hill folk" when I told him I was going to go fishing at Tablerock Lake. I put my bibs on and had a great time. Even got a piece of homemade strawberry/rhubarb pie.

that's when is sunk in ... I am hill folk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Dave  , how are the little ones....

And did you have your surfboard ready this morning ?

They're great - thank you for asking!
We have a 7.9 earthquake and I somehow sleep right through it!  Only one drawer opened in the kitchen- so we did pretty well.  Granted it was a couple of hundred miles south of us.  It was the entire facebook feed this morning.  Feel like I missed out on a big event!  :-)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

60 mile SW of Tucson

my wife hates the term ... but we are "hill folk".  You prolly guessed by now.

"Hill Folk" "Hillbilly" "Hick" "Rube" > .Being on the Kansas side of KC Oldtimer has me defined as this, appearantly a step up from a Hick.

So - Welcome and join us "folks". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

It turned out nice in the afternoon.  Sat on the porch and did a little sunning.  Ready for spring.....heck I would even drink one of Carl's slushies:)

I imagine IF you attend this years gathering Carl would be more than happy to show his skills. But I understand that is a Big IF. 

• Like 3