Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2014 at 7:48 AM, billybob said:

Good Morning,

On my first cup now and plan on drinking another. It is a commercial type, Folgers and your coffee sounds nice. The Keurig is alright but brewing one cup at a time would keep 2 drinkers here a little busier. On our 3rd Mr. Coffee maker here in as many years. We are looking ourselves to a more fufilling experience, and interested to see what the others have said and are about to say.

Thanks

I've found that Mr. Coffee makers wear out at about a year.  Designed to be replaced.  Surprisingly, we found a Black and Decker that has lasted going on 3 years. 

We buy the beans at Costco and grind our own.  Can't drink any of the common brands such as Folgers and Maxwell House.  Horrible in my opinion.  The Keurig's per cup are not cheap, but again Costco can keep the price down a bit.  My biggest issue with Keurig is the size of their large selection, but when I'm into a single cup in the late afternoon, it works. 

• Like 2

Now you're talking my language.

The last MrCoffee machine I had, well, It worked OK. But try to pour a cup w/o it dribbling all over. Found a Cuisinart garage saling. It lasted 7 years.  We were given a GE that's going TU. It lasted 3 years.

Beans .... wife will drink Folgers at work and want a cup of day old and cold good coffee. She sez it doesn't matter to her ... until she has been away from the locally roasted beans, fresh ground. Me ... I'm a coffee snob. I admit it.

if you like "cowboy coffee" ... boiled. An electric percolator, with the stem and basket pulled out, works great. It almost boils, then shuts down.

My aunt used to make Swedish boiled coffee, with an egg in it to settle the grounds.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Rocky Mountain Olives?

When my dad was a ranch foreman he had a get together of all the hands and I so wanted to go. The rule was I had to partake in the food. I had ONE Rocky Mountain beer batter fried. Not bad until you thought about as it slid down.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2