Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning all! Up early as I woke up and could not fall back asleep. Already have about 4 hours of work in and an entire pot of coffee. I'm thinking since Friday and early start to work, that Cocktails must come early too! I mean that only makes sense, right? Or should I say Wright? (Check what-ch-got-today post if interested). Initial impressions are interesting and favorable. I did connect the Wrights with cables. See what I did there? So do I win the CCC daily post award? I'm really trying to get the cables in the conversation but it is fairly hard when Coffee and Cocktails are involved.

Speaking of Cocktails I have a new favorite Gin. Check out "The Botanist" when you get a chance. I've only been following the martini talk from afar. Are we talking real (gin) martinis or wannabes (vodka) martinis? I'm thinking vodka based on that Alaska stuff a few pages back. If so I'm a bit disappointed in You Guys/You All/'Yall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, rplace said:

Speaking of Cocktails I have a new favorite Gin. Check out "The Botanist" when you get a chance. I've only been following the martini talk from afar. Are we talking real (gin) martinis or wannabes (vodka) martinis? I'm thinking vodka based on that Alaska stuff a few pages back. If so I'm a bit disappointed in You Guys/You All/'Yall.

Good morning....Early , I say yes possibly. Woke up thinking about a Vodka Martini this morning while making a cup of coffee. Gave a friend of mine a Stolikniya vodka martini chilled no ice and when he stood up , it took two of us to pick him up. Nowaday, it would only take one for me too. Like a good original gin also but, prefer a good vodka, and better than that Russian stuff I used, way back then....:emotion-44::emotion-46:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Good morning....Early , I say yes possibly. Woke up thinking about a Vodka Martini this morning while making a cup of coffee. Gave a friend of mine a Stolikniya vodka martini chilled no ice and when he stood up , it took two of us to pick him up. Nowaday, it would only take one for me too. Like a good original gin also but, prefer a good vodka, and better than that Russian stuff I used, way back then....:emotion-44::emotion-46:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yes I tried to tell Carl that a proper martini is made with Gin but he wasn't having it:mellow:  He said he would stick with his vodka slushies:unsure:  Can't recall if he prefers potato or grain Vodka.   But he's in Texas so.........

My father-in-law, after his WWII association with all sorts of people told me that at the end of the war he concluded "Nothing good ever came out of Texas". And he was one of the nicest men on the planet. Seems to fit more often than it does not.;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1