Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

think I'll stick to sippin' whiskey.

this talk of martinis and gin ...

I wanna wash my mouth with whiskey to clear the word gin.... y'all made me do it again

Martini OK, gin no thanks, I would rather not have a drink than to drink that fingernail polish remover. :emotion-41:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rplace said:

Speaking of Cocktails I have a new favorite Gin. Check out "The Botanist" when you get a chance. I've only been following the martini talk from afar. Are we talking real (gin) martinis or wannabes (vodka) martinis? I'm thinking vodka based on that Alaska stuff a few pages back. If so I'm a bit disappointed in You Guys/You All/'Yall.

The Botanist is good as is Hendricks. Tanqueray 10 is another favorite.  If you're looking for a good budget gin try New Amsterdsm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

For those who don't know(darn few here I'm sure) Mr. CECAA850 is an equal opportunity bartender. Martini made of vodka or gin, it's up to the drinker.

Have you started already?:)

Got today off of work.  Won't be long now.

• Like 1

Happy Friday All!  After a week of snow - it's starting to look a lot more like home for us this time of year (vs the 40's and RAIN!!).  Trying a local coffee med roast it's pretty smooth - props to them! 

If any of you are looking for entertainment options for the weekend - I would recommend The Greatest Showman.  Saw it at the insistence of a family member and my wife and I were VERY pleasantly surprised.  We see why it's becoming a word of mouth classic!  TONS of talent - I dare say even if musicals aren't your thing.  It's very well done!

Anyway - that is all!  Enjoy the weekend working folk; retired folk - happy next day!  :D

OH!  And a book recommendation - Ghost Soldiers - about the Philippine Liberation in WWII, fascinating story!  I have NO problems in my life - those men were TOUGH! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2018 at 5:18 PM, Tarheel said:

Someone ask to see me shirtless again?  Probably Carl.  Who knows what he does with those pictures?

IMG_1201.JPG

Top of the evening my friends......................well, I had to comment...............Looks like a very happy southern trio on that day ;)

• Like 2

On 1/17/2018 at 1:36 PM, dirtmudd said:

time for some coffee and cookies...

IMG_20180117_133438_hdr.jpg

28 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

I like everything on the list...

51 minutes ago, richieb said:

Please note black coffe was also on the list. Might help explain the CCC thread more fully --?!

3 hours ago, mungkiman said:

IF YOU LIKE GIN, YOU MIGHT BE A PSYCHOPATH   https://www.maxim.com/news/gin-lovers-might-be-psychopaths-2016-9

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The Botanist is good as is Hendricks. Tanqueray 10 is another favorite.  If you're looking for a good budget gin try New Amsterdsm.

I'm not a huge Hendricks fan. Like it yes but prefer Bombay Sapphire Tanquera 10, std. Tanqueray. Depending on the cocktail Plymouth is a must. Hendricks is too much in the cucumber. It make a decent G&T. Thanks for the N Amsterdam tip. I'll look for it

• Like 2

...meanwhile, in the hill country of southern AZ, 

you guys and your gin have me running for my bottle of bourbon....

Was a domestic god yesterday. Cleaned the house, plunged the chimney. It was nasty. Smolderin' creosote is soooooo nice. A friend commented.. Bill, you smell like 3 month old bong water.

Made a quick batch of spaghetti sauce. The kid will be around. She expects it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1