Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

14 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I'll give it a try.

I'm kinda picky.  I can walk to the local roaster. . I am a little spoiled

we have very similar taste in music. You like ELP?

have you heard True Love by Pat Benatar?  Swing/jump/big band. Mom and dad's dance music ...

seen them live

• Like 4

.... saw them ... which one/s?

I used to go to concerts.

Yes and BlackSabbath on the same ticket. ELP ... Welcome Back Tour ... loudest show I ever went to.  Haven't seen PatBenatar.

went to a lot of big band concerts [in the park] as a kid. My dad was a professional musician. Bassist....

last show I went to was SummerSanitarium. Korn, KidRock, Metallica

that was interesting. I'm not a metal fan. Was funny. Midday ... Phoenix ... early summer ... outdoors ... all the metalheads dressed in their best BLACK. You can figure the rest.

rambling, sorry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

.... saw them ... which one/s?

I used to go to concerts.

Yes and BlackSabbath on the same ticket. ELP ... Welcome Back Tour ... loudest show I ever went to.  Haven't seen PatBenatar.

went to a lot of big band concerts [in the park] as a kid. My dad was a professional musician. Bassist....

last show I went to was SummerSanitarium. Korn, KidRock, Metallica

that was interesting. I'm not a metal fan. Was funny. Midday ... Phoenix ... early summer ... outdoors ... all the metalheads dressed in their best BLACK. You can figure the rest.

rambling, sorry

first concert van Halen opening 

for black Sabbath !!!! September 78

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

that a bit closer than Yes opening for BlackSabbath. Saw RoryGalagher, FleetwoodMac and DeepPurple on the same billing.  LittleFeat are great. Seen them twice.

but that would make sense..

Rick wakeman played on a black Sabbath album

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Just 'cause it is grown in Hawaii, doesn't make it good. Not all Kona is good. I was living there when Kauai turned to growing coffee. It wasn't that good. $4/lb ... at the same time, a good Kona coffee retailed for ~$25/lb.

I don't know I had some Kona that was great, but it was not even close to $25 a pound, oh wait coffee, sorry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, richieb said:

If indeed coffee is dead 20 minutes after brewing than last rights should be given to the  95% of what i drink as it is dead -- and buried. 

I'm the same way, it does taste better when first brewed, but I drink it until it's gone. When our oldest daughter comes by I always ask her want coffee, she always ask is it fresh ? I always say sure, yes it's fresh while thinking to myself, within 24 hours. She always says hmm that's good. :o snowflake generation, tell them what they want to hear

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm sure it was much pricey than $25

It was a little more, blue mountain Jamaican was also really good, the coffee was just OK. overpriced. But we still like going when possible.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, nlt6mor said:

Blue mountain coffee was maybe the best I ever had when I drank it in Jamaica. Brought some bags home and never tasted as good! I suppose the water, or they keep the good stuff on the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess they keep the good stuff, you may get the good stuff by the cup, I brought some certified as BM home, and I was not impressed either.  The coffee I normally drink is far from normal so to me normal pure coffee taste flat no matter how good it is. But we love Jamaica.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nlt6mor said:

Blue mountain coffee was maybe the best I ever had when I drank it in Jamaica. Brought some bags home and never tasted as good! I suppose the water, or they keep the good stuff on the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just as important is the water !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

I'm the same way, it does taste better when first brewed, but I drink it until it's gone. When our oldest daughter comes by I always ask her want coffee, she always ask is it fresh ? I always say sure, yes it's fresh while thinking to myself, within 24 hours. She always says hmm that's good. :o snowflake generation, tell them what they want to hear

My Dad is a big coffee drinker. He wakes up with 2-3 cups from a whole pot. Around noon he'll brew another pot and drink on that till 9pm that night. I doubt he even notices if it tastes any different.

• Like 5