Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I would guess they keep the good stuff, you may get the good stuff by the cup, I brought some certified as BM home, and I was not impressed either.  The coffee I normally drink is far from normal so to me normal pure coffee taste flat no matter how good it is. But we love Jamaica.

dtel said:   far from normal

that sounds like you ! or even me

for the most part !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My Dad is a big coffee drinker. He wakes up with 2-3 cups from a whole pot. Around noon he'll brew another pot and drink on that till 9pm that night. I doubt he even notices if it tastes any different.

our taste buds diminish as we get older....and everything else

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

just as important is the water !

I live on a farm with own well.  We use an RO setup for drinking and ice cubes just be sure it is clean.   I am sure the RO is just flat and sucks the life out of some coffee.  Kinda like some guys don't like the filters in Audyssey as they say it sucks the life out of some sound.  Ha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

dtel said:   far from normal

that sound like you ! or even me

for the most part !

Never claimed to be all the time, it's kind of boring, I think your in this group also, and were not alone. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

our taste buds diminish as we get older....and everything else

I'm in trouble then.

1 hour ago, nlt6mor said:

I live on a farm with own well.  We use an RO setup for drinking and ice cubes just be sure it is clean.

Well water here also, no filters.

• Like 4

Listening to some Pipe Dreams on the radio via LaScala...nice.

Listened to the Yes post this AM while posting and shaving..

Went to LF sister's for LF birthday. Heck, even got her a card.

Got in and reading, oh yes, Rory Gallagher, what a musician

he was. May have seen them(Taste)in Orlando in 69, or Status

Quo...cannot remember. DP one of favs but, only saw them once.

It was well worth it, I guarantee. It was Yes I saw but, ELP was 

happening so...We have well water and glad to have it. Like other

places have lived for the most part. No filters necessary.

Costa Rican coffee I like. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Just made the mistake of turning on the Grammy's:mellow:

Must be a game on somewhere...:lol:  I have zero interest in the Grammys as well.

But speaking of Deviled Eggs...

I am late to the making of those little devils and I can't get them right no matter what I do.  The most important thing I discovered was to use eggs at least a week old.  Any newer than that they do not peel right after being boiled.  I prefer a sweeter tasting egg with some texture to the yoke mixture, but I just can't get them to taste the way I want.  Any suggestions?

My current recipe is:

About 8 eggs, at least a week old.  I use 8 eggs so I can get 6 good ones.

Put in large pot of cold water about an inch over the eggs

Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes then turn off heat and cover, let sit for 17 minutes

Drain and cover with cold water, drain and cover again with a full pot of cold water.  Let sit for 20 minutes.

Drain water and crack eggs around the center.  With any luck they will come apart easily.

Cut eggs in half, then pop the insides out and put with the following ingredients.

Sour Cream - 1 table spoon

Grey Poupon Dijon mustard - 1 tea spoon

Sweet relish - 1 tablespoon or more

Kraft Mayo - 1 teaspoon

One small packet sugar substitute, I use Stevia

A couple of shakes of salt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just made the mistake of turning on the Grammy's:mellow:

Thought about it but never, but did turn on the pro bowl earlier.  Not good, they should change it to flag football, it would be more interesting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Sour Cream - 1 table spoon

Grey Poupon Dijon mustard - 1 tea spoon

Sweet relish - 1 tablespoon or more

Kraft Mayo - 1 teaspoon

One small packet sugar substitute, I use Stevia

A couple of shakes of salt

Asked my wife, she said she uses your recipe but yellow mustard instead, no sour cream or sweeter, and a little paprika and pepper. ? I eat it :lol:

I think the sour cream may be messing up the texture ?

I agree about the eggs, years ago we had chickens, we could put them in the refrigerator for 2 weeks and they were still hard to peel, make you wonder how old the age of the ones in the store.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Likes me some deviled egg now. Eggs may have a date stamp one day. Do they  l ol....

Some people put a little pickle juice, pickle in the recipe. Am certain I could eat a couple.

Like the paprika, mustard type predominant places have seen. You may be able to cut

some calories out with some sour cream to the mix. Would sample either atm. Cool

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Likes me some deviled egg now. Eggs may have a date stamp one day. Do they  l ol....

Some people put a little pickle juice, pickle in the recipe. Am certain I could eat a couple.

Like the paprika, mustard type predominant places have seen. You may be able to cut

some calories out with some sour cream to the mix. Would sample either atm. Cool

lf would like that too...and the next

moring Dutch oven !

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, dtel said:

Asked my wife, she said she uses your recipe but yellow mustard instead, no sour cream or sweeter, and a little paprika and pepper. ? I eat it :lol:

I'm not a big mustard person so I would not have tried the yellow.  I have seen the paprika suggestion, but I don't know how that affects the flavor.

Thank the wifey for me in your own, special way.  I'll try her suggestions in the next batch.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Eggs may have a date stamp one day. Do they  l ol....

They do, just looked at some we have had for almost 2 weeks and the date is "best by 2-28", so they will be almost a month and a half we have had them before they are not "best". No telling how old they were before we got them, seems like a long time, guess they just last a long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Some people put a little pickle juice, pickle in the recipe.

That would be good even with the sweet relish.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I'll try her suggestions in the next batch.

Never know, see what you think ?  I would like to sneak something spicy in also, but I try that with everything.

17 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I leave the freshly boiled eggs in the water until I peel them and have no trouble. Otherwise they tend to be dry and are hard to peel.

Bruce

I have no idea how it should be done ?

Since I didn't know how, I usually boil them for 15 minutes, empty hot add cool water until it's mostly cool store in a bowl in ref. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:
3 hours ago, billybob said:

Some people put a little pickle juice, pickle in the recipe.

That would be good even with the sweet relish.

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'll try her suggestions in the next batch.

Never know, see what you think ?  I would like to sneak something spicy in also, but I try that with everything.

I just tried using a Dill relish and didn't like it, but as I said I like a sweet tasting egg and the Dill was a little too sharp for my tastes.  I think you might like the Dill relish because of the sharp or spicy taste.

• Like 3