Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, vasubandu said:

I find that the best way to peel boil eggs is to run them through very cold water for 10 seconds, then I pour the water out and shake the pan back and forth the crack all the eggs.  the shells come right off, taking only a thin film.  

how do you peel the skin off a pepper ?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, babadono said:

Golly. I must be in an alternate universe. If I boil an egg for 10 MINUTES its hard boiled. Maybe water boils at a higher temp. here:)

Put the eggs in cold water.  Once the flame/heat is turned on cook for 10 minutes.  This does not mean boil for 10 minutes.  I'm sure that would be hard:unsure:

• Confused 1

We will get more crazy weather. 50 today, and 0 windchill tonight! I love it when the temp drops 50 degrees :o

My nephew has been bugging me about going to the UP of Michigan for snowmobiling. I love to ride a sled, but I'm starting to hate the cold weather.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

See, just like speakers.   People like different things.

I know but have you ever had really good snow runoff water? Some friends of my family in Idaho had a large cattle ranch, and they had a pipe sticking out of a rock wall with water running from it. Water cam from deep inside the mountain.  Best water I have every had.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vasubandu said:

Let me ask you guys this. Do you have frozen jam at the grocery store?  Here in Seattle, we have a product called Freezerves, and they make all kinds of frozen jam.  It tastes about 256 million times better than any jarred jam I have in my life.  Like perfectly ripe fruit turned into a spread.  I have never seen in when I travel, but it is by far my favorite food product.

--- "256 million times better". That's waaaaaay better --. How was that increase calculated ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, dtel said:

:oThat's crazy, sorry but.....better you than me. :lol:

I can handle the cold, I can handle the warmth, just need a couple days to adjust, not hours :D

Sometimes having an outdoor job is a bummer. I just keep remembering the nice summer days!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

I know but have you ever had really good snow runoff water? Some friends of my family in Idaho had a large cattle ranch, and they had a pipe sticking out of a rock wall with water running from it. Water cam from deep inside the mountain.  Best water I have every had.

I grew up in upstate New York.   The road to my grandfathers house went through the mountains and some of them were cleared by dynamiting the rock to reduce the high points.  You could still see the lines that the drills made in the rock where they'd put the charges.  There was one point on the way there where there was a random pipe sticking out of the rock close to road level where water was always running out of the end into a rock basin.  We'd pull over from time to time and stop to get a drink.  The water was always cold but nothing special.  I still prefer RO water especially considering what's been removed from it.

• Like 3