Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

so, on a completely different topic, something you may find interesting at my place of work.  that I heard happened recently.  I do tier 2 IT support for a large company.  I'm working on the phone with a guy I know, working on this one problem.  I get an email from central help desk that there is a widespread issue company wide, locking out accounts company wide.  teams are engaged, working the issue.  additional resources are being added to the help(less) desk to help with the call volume.

so, with some back & forth with other folks, I finally get my guy fixed.  while I'm finishing up with him, I get a follow up to the earlier issue:

SUMMARY: Approximately 500 user accounts were unintentionally disabled last night.... Root cause has been identified and addressed....

think anyone in the outer reaches like me will ever hear "the real story"?  I wish.  can you say Oops?   

I just thought I'd share that.  :D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That must be a well populated area for Alaska , the whole state has less than 1 million. I would love to go there some day.

I encourage everyone to add Alaska to their bucket list.  It's beautiful and worth the visit!

• Like 3

I ground 8 cups worth of coffee on to my counter this morning. Forgot to swap out the portafilter holder for the standard bin. The dog was looking in that general direction with his head sideways. I looked and thought s#!t I should just go back to bed.

• Haha 2

Sounds like you needed that coffee.

these Guatemala beans are nice. Not good describing flavor/s ... but, seems more sweet than the Kenya AB

preface - being new to all of this

casual observation ...

specifically to Heritage speakers

It looks as though the preferred amplification designs are from the era the speakers were designed - with a few improvements

that [theory] put forth

I might have an old  [70's vintage] Sansui receiver. I say "might" because it would be at my sister's...  would it be worth pursuing?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

these Guatemala beans are nice. Not good describing flavor/s ... but, seems more sweet than the Kenya AB

casual observation ...

It looks as though the preferred amplification designs are from the era the speakers were designed - with a few improvements

that [theory] put forth

I might have an old  [70's vintage] Sansui receiver. I say "might" because it would be at my sister's...  would it be worth pursuing?

yes !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It been a LONG time since I have seen it. It isn't a straight amp. I know it's a receiver and I think it came home from VietNam with my bro-in-law. That about as much as I know atm. I'll need to talk to my sis.

@Tarheel

are you actually in NC? My sister is near Greensboro

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

casual observation ...

that [theory] put forth

It could be a game changer, some of the 9000 series receivers are very highly regarded.

• Thanks 1

Morning Gents (can I use this for both sexes?) Up and at 'em. Couple cups down, gotta get outside and finish moving some drain line and 5 surface drains. Stupid me I originally put the drains too close to the back of a retaining wall. When they're moved it'll be much better and landscaping chores can continue. Later.....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

OK folks

sis still has it. it's a 1970's Sansui 2000, matching speakers in teak, turntable and Teac reel - reel

whata we got?

Quite a score......hope it is all working as it should.  The grease in the Teac pinch rollers tends to harden if not used regularly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

saw a commercial that starts with "Successful people tend to have one thing in common. They read"

any idea what they are selling?

AUDIO BOOKS

and conclude the ad with

"Listening is the new reading"

I think we are in serious trouble

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

OK folks

sis still has it. it's a 1970's Sansui 2000, matching speakers in teak, turntable and Teac reel - reel

whata we got?

then read this ,, I'm having afternoon

coffee..

https://classicreceivers.com/sansui-2000x

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/2000.shtml

• Like 2

What's up gang.   Just checking in.   It's raining here (shocker, I know) so its indoor projects today.  I just finished recapping one of a pair of Heresy 2s.  It took me most of the day to do just that one.  They're a major PITA.  After this set is done I doubt I'll do another.  I hooked it up and it sounds sweet.  Maybe tomorrow I'll start on the other one.

• Like 2