Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

figured you would be at a country bar....

I'm from Louisiana not Mississippi, just live there now, but I would have even gone to a Polka bar, square dance or anything, if that's where the girls were. ;)

• Like 3

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Pulling out all the stops for some chicken taco..

That's strange, we also made it tonight but with beef, it's been a good while since we made this, of course I ate to much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

that remind me ...

I have spaghetti sauce with chicken been aging since Saturday.  Oughta be ready to eat. 

There are a few foods I think are better eaten as leftovers, spaghetti is one of them. Pizza, cold the next day is my favorite :D

• Like 4

23 hours ago, dtel said:

Don't know if i would have admitted that cd thing:lol:  I went to disco's back then, never danced or anything like that but, that's where the females were. :emotion-55:

Yes man, I was a flapper and a dancing fool, but did not wear platforms. Did have some wooden clogs though. Had to stop wearing them inside. Ex thought either a horse or Boris Karloff was stalking the house. If not the music, sometimes the environment is fun to take in. This one place in Daytona 

had a nice ambience, that is the word. Aloof like Saturday night. Shadow danced and walked back to hotel. 

Their CD's are usually well recorded and mindless when driving. Try it, lol...

:emotion-44:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes man, I was a flapper and a dancing fool, but did not wear platforms. Did have some wooden clogs though. Had to stop wearing them inside. Ex thought either a horse or Boris Karloff was stalking the house. If not the music, sometimes the environment is fun to take in. This one place in Daytona 

had a nice ambience, that is the word. Aloof like Saturday night. Shadow danced and walked back to hotel. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, billybob said:

That's OK I believe you, back then I did a little DJ stuff, mostly friends wedding or parties. I met my wife at my best friends wedding, she was his cousin and he introduced us. He is dead now, no I didn't kill him for doing that. :o:lol:

But when you playing music back then you had to have all the disco type music, it's what they all asked for. I hauled around milk crates full of LP's, disco and rock, 2 turntables a pair of Cornwall replicas, a RTR and a Sansui 8080. I would play vinyl and when I wanted to take a break and go get a drink I would let the RTR play, it was fun, you would be surprised how big of a place filled with people some Cornwall's could fill, and sound good.

This was 40 years ago when we met, I couldn't do that anymore I refuse to buy play or listen to rap and I know some would want to hear it. Plus now you would be expected to talk, back then you just played music.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's OK I believe you, back then I did a little DJ stuff, mostly friends wedding or parties. I met my wife at my best friends wedding, she was his cousin and he introduced us. He is dead now, no I didn't kill him for doing that. :o:lol:

But when you playing music back then you had to have all the disco type music, it's what they all asked for. I hauled around milk crates full of LP's, disco and rock, 2 turntables a pair of Cornwall replicas, a RTR and a Sansui 8080. I would play vinyl and when I wanted to take a break and go get a drink I would let the RTR play, it was fun, you would be surprised how big of a place filled with people some Cornwall's could fill, and sound good.

This was 40 years ago when we met, I couldn't do that anymore I refuse to buy play or listen to rap and I know some would want to hear it. Plus now you would be expected to talk, back then you just played music.

you forgot your disco ball...

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, dirtmudd said:

you forgot your disco ball...

I know, it's what held me back. :mellow:

Always wanted one :huh:, I do have a 4 color laser light projector and a smoke machine but no disco ball :(:o My son in law had them and gave them to me, kind of wild looking. I should bring it to Hope for when the bands play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

Uh....OK:)

I know it's crazy but it needs to get used somewhere, anyway it would probably mess with people who had a bunch of Carl's martinis. :wacko:

When the son in law gave it to me we tried it, it filled the house with fog in about 20 seconds and the lights were all over making strange shapes changing with the music :blink: Why I have this, I have no idea ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Lol, sounds like funtime to me. Sounds like you were the soundman :emotion-21: Some of the best music have heard was RTR...somebody was a DJ then playing 2 turntables at party. Yes no room in my  repertoire for Rap, although our garage band had. A Disco ball at Hope may be just the happening thing, lol :emotion-44:

Maybe a little Disco for the morning after.  You have seen girls dancing together. The night club in Daytona saw me dancing solo. Around that time. I did it once again in Ocala night club of all places. Lost my balance and busted my ***. Got up and found my seat:lol::blush2::emotion-22:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1