Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

that was 20yrs+ ago.

they are growing coffee on Kauai. Maybe the roast ... wasn't Kona. Sorry

Kauai  just as good if you find the right outfit.  Never thought of the chocolate thing before, but it makes sense.  There is a guy on the big island who grows chocolate.  I called him up and asked if we could drop by and he said sure.  We must have spent 6 hours with him showing us the whole process.  Really quite interesting.  Forgot to mix it with my coffee.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

In eastern Co. and all of southern Az. Yez gots ta run da water through a softener. A reverse osmosis unit is a must post softening, to take the edge off.  Ya live where the work is, and adjust to be happy. Colorado Springs and New York City have the best water I've ever had, but ya work with what you've got. Kinda like room treatments.

Yeah, I grew up in Idaho and we always had a water softener but the tap water bypassed it.  Eastern Co seems dicey because next to Kansas, and Southern Arizona gets water that has been used 20 times.  I imagine that Co Springs is good, but never heard the same for NY. I went to  college and my wife and I went to law school at the University of Kansas and the water their was utterly horrible.  Just wretched. Good water is so great, it's a shame that we have messed so much of it up. It probably won't surprise you that I don't believe in working with what I have. I want to work with what I want.

• Like 2

Well another win by UNC and another stab in the back to Kansas.  He was an unwanted and unappreciated assistant coach as UNC, and we rescued him, gave him a job and all the college girls he wanted. We made him famous and gave him great players, and then he sold us out for  some plantation and 50 slaves in North Carolina.  Seriously, I ran into Williams a few times while I was at Kansas, and he was just as much the decent, standup guy in person as he seems to be on TV.  What a decent guy and an amazing coach.  When he took the chance to go back to UNC and replace Dean Smith, not many people in Kansas held it against him.  Can't help but cheer for him,

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Damn, those are gorgeous.  

Kinda small. lol

there's 5 acres [officially] planted about 10 miles from here....

Water in AZ

Our water is good, here. Tucson used to have decent water until TCE.

Tucson has alway been [fairly] conservative with water use .... OK after the TCE,  they started pumping "water" from the ColoradoRiver to replenish the groundwater....   Funny thing happened ... water use dropped. Why? Notice the quotation marks around water? You can't drink the tapwater any more

just for the record

the worst case of Motezuma'sRevenge I got was from the water in IdahoSpring Colorado

• Like 1

Peruvian in the pot... I'm all ready to... try to be quiet.

kids have a day off... rodeo. Wife gets to sleep in.

think I am gonna have to bang around the "doghouse".  That is my 12 X 12 man cave.   HaHaHa A shed with electricity. I guess that qualifies

Hey Mike,

How do you post vids and get the content to show instead of a link? is it in "Insert other media" of the full editor?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Peruvian in the pot... I'm all ready to... try to be quiet.

kids have a day off... rodeo. Wife gets to sleep in.

think I am gonna have to bang around the "doghouse".  That is my 12 X 12 man cave.   HaHaHa A shed with electricity. I guess that qualifies

Hey Mike,

How do you post vids and get the content to show instead of a link? is it in "Insert other media" of the full editor?

paste and post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1