Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Just a heads up, Big Stew is alive and well.  Well, as well as normal, lol.

And quite the pia, if your reading this, see we do think about you and wonder how your doing. Really, just glad your OK. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

Wow @dirtmudd that was a very special treat.  Only saw Dylan in concert once, and we could not understand a word he said.  He was with Tom Petty, and it was not the system.  But those were great.  Not a huge White Stripes fan, but now I have t have 3 more cups of coffee just out of respect for Burdon, Dylan and Plant.  Bless you.

• Like 3

Just talked to my sister/s in Elkhart ...  Some pretty serious flooding conditions. My niece is playing touch and go getting to and from her place, my elder sister [she would kick me for saying it that way] had a "water intrusion" at her house .... and she lives away from the lowland.

you folks, in the affected areas, please be careful

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

No concerts, No sporting event, No nothing.  Not bumping into anyone famous in this place.  I guess I was interesting once upon a time. 

You were interesting at one time...........like when you talked to us. :o Not because of who you bumped into or the other reasons, mostly like a friend says, because your an odd cat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Howdy Steve :D

I heard "new guitar"......gold top, BMG?

HI Bill ... a new Taylor. Tasmanian Blackwood back & sides. It is acoustic number five; but, i seem to play them more than any of the electrics.  I will confess, that it was down to this Taylor or a PRS electric, and did consider just getting both instead of having to choose. But, i really haven’t been playing much lately ... okay, at all since September, so until i get motivated again, i figured that i’d only get one new one. 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

HI Bill ... a new Taylor. Tasmanian Blackwood back & sides. It is acoustic number five; but, i seem to play them more than any of the electrics.  I will confess, that it was down to this Taylor or a PRS electric, and did consider just getting both instead of having to choose. But, i really haven’t been playing much lately ... okay, at all since September, so until i get motivated again, i figured that i’d only get one new one. 

unnamed.jpg

That thing is gorgeous, always liked a cutaway look. Taylor makes some nice guitars. I haven't played my new Les Paul 6 times since I got it, just easier to grab an acoustic. Maybe you're like me, I usually play when it's a spur of the moment decision. If I plan on playing, I kind of lose interest. 

I'll bet our weather is as bad as yours, we dropped almost 50 degrees today over yesterday! Was almost 80 yesterday, and snow flurries this morning.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Hi BigStewMan

I'm new ... pleased to meet ya.

that's one sweet guitar

there is always something interesting going on. My specialty is making the mundane interesting/fun

and I haven't heard your "war" stories

regards,

Bill

Hi Bill, nice to meet you as well.  I’ve been around here for over a decade -- sometimes i disappear for a while though.  Truth be told, my war stories are more testimonies of how God protects the ignorant. My life has been a pretty crazy ride at times.  So you want a war story?  Okay, the sea was angry that day my friend ...

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, dtel said:

You were interesting at one time...........like when you talked to us. :o Not because of who you bumped into or the other reasons, mostly like a friend says, because your an odd cat.

Alright Elden, you’re going to force me to admit that most therapists would want me on this forum as it is the only place that i can get a “like.”  Generally, i just get strange looks and the comment, “What were you thinking?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Generally, i just get strange looks and the comment, “What were you thinking?"

Hey that guitar really is beautiful.  I am not even a guitar guy, just love the wood..

I am new here too, but I gotta ask you to stick around.  Right now, I get the strange looks and people wondering what I am thinking.  A diversion would be wonderful. But they are going to see that my 32 inch subwoofer makes sense.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

I am new here too, but I gotta ask you to stick around.  Right now, I get the strange looks and people wondering what I am thinking.  A diversion would be wonderful. But they are going to see that my 32 inch subwoofer makes sense.

I’ll try to take some of the heat off you. These guys got a lot of ammunition against me so that won’t be too hard.

Steve

• Haha 1