Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, jimjimbo said:

I gave up retired pay 32 years ago for the gravy train of defense contractor salary....

Hey Jim ... didn’t you do some time on a carrier?  I wish i would have appreciated being underway while i was underway ... i look back with fond memories now. Back then, i just wanted some liberty to hit the local bars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

I am new here too, but I gotta ask you to stick around.  Right now, I get the strange looks and people wondering what I am thinking.  A diversion would be wonderful. But they are going to see that my 32 inch subwoofer makes sense.

Uh.. he's not new here; just been away for awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

oh yeah ... I know some of you will find this hard to believe; but, I haven’t eaten fast food or visited a restaurant since I got a pizza on New Years Eve.

So, if you own stock in Del Taco, you should probably sell.  Honestly, i no longer crave fast food or going out to eat. This change would be so much better if i knew how to cook.

I can fry an egg, so a lot of fried egg, grilled cheese sandwiches; or I buy stuff and my brother cooks it (he can cook). 

And, i started working out again. Yeah, i’m just awesome now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Alright Elden, you’re going to force me to admit that most therapists would want me on this forum as it is the only place that i can get a “like.”  Generally, i just get strange looks and the comment, “What were you thinking?"

Odd people attract the same, what can we say ? :wacko: You just fit in, kind of scary I know.

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:
5 hours ago, vasubandu said:

I am new here too, but I gotta ask you to stick around.  Right now, I get the strange looks and people wondering what I am thinking.  A diversion would be wonderful. But they are going to see that my 32 inch subwoofer makes sense.

I’ll try to take some of the heat off you. These guys got a lot of ammunition against me so that won’t be too hard.

Steve

You two are not even close, Vasubandu is all over the place some times, it's hard to even keep up, no telling which direction he is going next. I tried to keep up but I gave up, it's like trying to catch a hyperactive youngster who had a bunch of coffee, almost impossible. He means well but I'm to old for that much excitement and bouncing around.

He is like the Roadrunner and this is me, retired.....

hammmock90.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2