Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Does everyone know their blood type? I'm the popular A+. I also know my bone marrow numbers, I'm on the national bone marrow registry.

I had a cousin that needed a marrow transplant, and all my family was tested. Out of the 200k people that were currently on the registry, she did not have a match. 

I did find out that myself and an older brother have identical numbers.....so I got that going for me!

• Like 3

I know it was the middle of the night for most, but here it was only late evening.  Fireworks went off, horns honking, people dancing in the streets, it was "pandalerium!"  The USA men's curling team won our first ever gold medal in the sport.  Oh, also it was a typical Friday night.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Does everyone know their blood type? I'm the popular A+.

i’ve been told that I’m Super A++++ but, i think they were just trying to flatter me.

No, i’m not sure of my blood type -- i’ve seen medical documents that have two types listed, so i don’t know which is correct. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Before my father died he needed blood frequently and I got to thinking about where it all came from.  I think about him every time I give blood which is about 4 times a year.  It's actually good for your body too as it puts you in a replenishment mode while your body creates more red blood cells.

I bleed enough from my mishaps to be in replenishment mode most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i’ve been told that I’m Super A++++ but, i think they were just trying to flatter me.

No, i’m not sure of my blood type -- i’ve seen medical documents that have two types listed, so i don’t know which is correct. 

That's from all that ketchup.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I get it now...girls who speak foreign

languages or foreign countries....you do ok !

The best way to get me to listen is to speak with an accent. I will probably make many enemies now; but, sorry you southern gals, that accent doesn’t do a thing for me. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Do you remember the joke Uma Thurman said in Pulp Fiction?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

That's from all that ketchup.

i’ll have you know, that last night I didn’t put any Ketchup on my burrito.  I didn’t enjoy it as much; but, decided to give it a whirl ... Jeff said that there is life after Ketchup -- it must be true, because he’s a lawyer.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Do you remember the joke Uma Thurman said in Pulp Fiction?

never saw the movie ... i’m not a big movie guy, there are so many movies that i’ve never seen ... including all; but, one of the Star Wars franchise.  I saw The Empire Strikes Back and that was it.   Was Uma mocking me again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, vasubandu said:

We seem to have a lot of wine drinkers here, and lots of you are from places I did know even had wine.  So any favorite reds under $15 that I should try? I drink a glass every day and am always eager to try something new.

MD 20/20 ... nothing like a bottle of the Mad Dog on a chilly evening.

One Christmas, many years ago, I was asked by the old folks to go get them a bottle of wine. So, i bought some MD 20/20 as a joke -- they didn’t like it at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, BigStewMan said:

never saw the movie ... i’m not a big movie guy, there are so many movies that i’ve never seen ... including all; but, one of the Star Wars franchise.  I saw The Empire Strikes Back and that was it.   Was Uma mocking me again?

No she wasn't. 

The joke was.....a dad, a mom, and a baby tomato all went for a walk, and the baby kept falling behind. The dad smashed the baby tomato.....and the dad said.....ketchup!

• Haha 4

My newly arrived Heresy pair were packed amazingly well by the eBay seller.  See the following thread for details.

They've been rode hard and put away wet, but they sound great.  They'll clean up nicely.  The attached photo shows them set up in the 1929 duplex I'm rehabbing.  It's amazing how great they sound when powered by a lowly TDA7297 chip amp that was less than $5 on eBay.  It's nice to work to music.

The project of the day is to replace the antique electrical outlets with modern grounded outlets.  Fortunately, they used steel flexible conduit (I can't recall the electrician's name for it) to wire the place decades ago, so the outlet boxes are all grounded.  

Naturally, no one ever bothered to label the circuit breakers.  The Heresys come in handy when determining which circuit breaker to trip so that I can work on the outlets.  I just plug the power supply into the next outlet to be replaced and start flipping breakers until the music stops.  The Heresys have no trouble being heard from the second floor to the basement.

J.jpg

K.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators
12 hours ago, vasubandu said:

Hey first of all, I do have ADHD.  Not diagnosed until I was 50 when my kid was diagnosed, but still. The drugs help, just can't get enough of them.  So actually I am very toned down these days.

And don't confuse going in a whole bunch of directions at the same time with being able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Having that at your age is better than when a kid, you will slow down as you get older, somewhat. 

I never thought going in many directions was from being slow, or dumb, it seemed to be more of what you said ADHD or similar. Kind of bouncing off the walls with ideas and different directions can at times be hard to deal with as far a figuring out what you really want to do. 

I kind of somewhat do the same thing, I can easily get the general idea of what I want, then the problem starts.

Out in the garden tiki bar I am changing what was a simple sink to wash glasses or whatever in to the same but with a good size counter top for extra space for parties. Simple right, not really, I have moved the sink around to 5 different positions looking at different ideas to build. When I decide on something I think it to death so I don't finish thinking "i wish i would have done it like this". I do this with everything, I can't help it, it drives my wife crazy.

• Like 4