Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Good question. I think it has a dash after it. The different cap value is for a 700 Hz. midrange Xover point vs. a 400 Hz one for AA, but at the same intensity/impedance as a AA, so the same tap. IOW, only the Cap value is different.

It seems to me that any Klipsch network utilizing an auto transformer would benefit by switching to Bob’s @BEC 3636.  The 1dB adjustments couldn’t hurt.  At a minimum, I plan to get a pair of 3636s, replace the vintage can caps, and remove the Zeners.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Good question. I think it has a dash after it. The different cap value is for a 700 Hz. midrange Xover point vs. a 400 Hz one for AA, but at the same intensity/impedance as a AA, so the same tap. IOW, only the Cap value is different.

Thank you.  I appreciate the informed answer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Man, try to compliment a thread and you get deluged with comments from the peanut gallery.  It's just like making a crack about the potus and someone thinking it's about them.

Sorry. Some of us are just soft. And moist.

• Like 1

We just had two gas ranges delivered to the duplex we're rehabbing.  It was all we could do to persuade the delivery guys to just leave the stoves in rooms other than the kitchens while we worked in the kitchens.  They didn't like not installing the anti-tip brackets.  I assured them we would not use the oven doors as ladders or occasional seating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

We just had two gas ranges delivered to the duplex we're rehabbing.  It was all we could do to persuade the delivery guys to justy leave the stoves in rooms other than the kitchens while we worked in the kitchens.  They didn't like not installing the anti-tip brackets.  I assured them we would not use the oven doors as ladders or occasional seating.

• Like 5

Yesterday rescued a boxer from some idiots. Not exactly "abused" just severely neglected and left for couple months in the back yard with four other dogs for survival of the fittest. 

Answered an add in the CL and once there which was a 158 mile one way I was seriously depressed. I've raised boxers and their disposition is happy, go lucky how are you types. 

THIS boxer ran from the owners hiding under the bed of a truck, running across the yard to wedge itself between a trailer and the home. They managed to drag her out and it was all I could do from letting my blood hitting boil. 

I thought there is no way I can work with this dog. It was filthy and scared as all get out. 

The owner picked up a stiff as aboard dog and started to bring her to me but seeing that she was already scared of men I let my wife and daughter take the lead. She immediately responded to them. She licked my daughter right away and those two hit it off. You could just tell "Lily" (I got to name her) liked kids. My wife she was equally ok with. After about ten minutes with them I came over and just squatted there letting her get used to us. 

My wife said "we need to get her out of here". 

I agreed. I'm good with dogs but.... However, this would prove challenging. There is no instruction manual just go by gut. So I gently grabbed onto her collar and held her and talked to her for ten minutes petting her. Then I had my daughter hold a treat out from ten feet away. She responded! Stiffly walking to her she gladly accepted it. That's a start!

Did this maybe ten times just to get her to walk.

The owner "you can pick her up and put her in the car". 

I calmly (wanted to use other words)told him "She has to do it on her own. She has to come on her own will." 

An hour later she made it from the front yard to the bumper of my car. That's a win in my book. All of 75" took an hour of coaxing and a little bribery. He was pissed it took so long.

I so badly wanted to yell at them. She was a good girl on the ride home too. I had to carry her to the bathrooms for shower though.

Well after a good hour of shampooing, pampering she's white again! Her ears were really, really dirty. Got out as much as I can could but the vet will do the rest tomorrow.

First night at home she was SO exhausted almost falling asleep sitting up. Kinda funny. Swaying left to right. I stayed in the downstairs bedroom and she was staying in the tv room. About 3:15 in the morning I heard her yelping and whining. Checking up on her she was panting as if she has run 5 miles. Clearly she had a nightmare or panic attack. Stayed with her for about 10 minutes then I decided to sleep on the couch. After that she slept like a baby. 

This morning her appetite was very good as she is WAY underweight for nine months old. As I greeted her this morning I got ONE butt wag but wasn't sure I saw it. However when my daughter came downstairs there was so much butt wagging to power small home. 

Another good sign. 

Today she was trained to walk with me. Only took an hour but she decided she would go with me. :)  She started out not so sure kinda jumpy but with some encouragement loosed up a bit as we went around the block stopping fifty times as she jumped at every sound. It broke my heart as she came to me with her nose almost touching the ground. I brought her head up and told her "hey you gotta hold your head up. Your a good girl". She SLOWLY started to "take pride" walking. 

The COOLEST part. Called the SPCA.to get her spayed explaining the situation and told them she's in heat too. Unfortunately they were booked out for couple months but reservation do get cancelled. That was 8am. By 11:30 am I got a confirmation of her operation tomorrow at 7:30 am!!! Blown away. That NEVER happens to us. I guess someone was watching over her. 

Today much more but wagging and healthier disposition. Time will tell what her personality really is. But so far she doing ok. 

Below her resting on her first day home. 

Checking her "Pee-mail" on our first walk together.

IMG_20180226_235820.jpg

IMG_20180227_000018.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3