Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

54 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

....  $250 for a new key. 

I guard my Z4 key with my life. Expensive to replace and IIRC there is a very small number made. After 4 or 5 they have to replace ignition and key as a whole system

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rplace said:

I guard my Z4 key with my life. Expensive to replace and IIRC there is a very small number made. After 4 or 5 they have to replace ignition and key as a whole system

What year is yours?  Mine is old.....2007 and 51,000 miles.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes it is.  I've used it exclusively every day ever since I got it a couple years ago.

I had no idea, well that suckers got some miles on it.

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

where do I get one of the mugs ?

It's not quart size, you would have to refill it 50 times a day.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

I had no idea, well that suckers got some miles on it.

It's not quart size, you would have to refill it 50 times a day.

For Mr. Mudd might I suggest you etch a Home Depot bucket ---?!? That should hold him until noon ---?!?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

What year is yours?  Mine is old.....2007 and 51,000 miles.

Mine older than yours, 2005. Triple black. I had a 2001 Z3 till someone crossed the center line and totalled my baby. They are pretty safe cars giving the size. It was a SUV that hit me. Cops/medics at the scene we're amazed I jumped out from the wreckage to assist with CPR on occupants of the other car. They were sure I was dead. Other car not so lucky. They arrived and were shouting where is the driver of the BMW?!?!

Z4 is nicer all around but that Z3 was a real drivers car. Z4 a bit too refined. Still like it a lot though.

Z3CrashSmall.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, rplace said:

Mine older than yours, 2005. Triple black. I had a 2001 Z3 till someone crossed the center line and totalled my baby. They are pretty safe cars giving the size. It was a SUV that hit me. Cops/medics at the scene we're amazed I jumped out from the wreckage to assist with CPR on occupants of the other car. They were sure I was dead. Other car not so lucky. They arrived and were shouting where is the driver of the BMW?!?!

Z4 is nicer all around but that Z3 was a real drivers car. Z4 a bit too refined. Still like it a lot though.

Z3CrashSmall.JPG

--- ehh - that should buff out ---

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Good Saturday morning my C,C and C friends. Two cups of organic Mayan blend down the hatch, I like it, it's pretty earthy(it was just ground this morning yuk,yuk). Well finally got some rain last night and weatherman says showers off and on today. Time to get some inside chores done like tankless water heater yearly maintenance. And while I'm at it TUNES on Klipsch speakers:).

Great day to all.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Tarheel said:

$1015 for thorough inspection, BMW synthetic oil, filter, adapter, windshield rubber and cowl.  $250 for a new key.  Only got one key from seller and the battery was dead:huh: $617 for tax, and tag transfer.  $75 for new floor mats from Amazon.

Not quite as bad as Mike's outlay......but still....ouch!

Chuck ... if i had your money, i’d burn mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:
12 hours ago, Tarheel said:

$1015 for thorough inspection, BMW synthetic oil, filter, adapter, windshield rubber and cowl.  $250 for a new key.  Only got one key from seller and the battery was dead:huh: $617 for tax, and tag transfer.  $75 for new floor mats from Amazon.

Not quite as bad as Mike's outlay......but still....ouch!

Chuck ... if i had your money, i’d burn mine.

If I had either of your money, I would throw mine away, can't burn metal.

I have never had a LF buy me a car, he is talented, apparently, at what I don't know but he's good at something. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

About an hour before sunset I walked out to the bar to get in a hammock and listen to some music. This is what the top of the bar looked like, I wiped it off 2 days ago.

DSC_4679_3116.JPG

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1