Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

when I was in HI,

I was asked to ride herd on the night shift

No thank you. I have seen those guys in action. I choose to remain "just one of the crew".  There is something to be said for not having to sign off on everything. A lot less stress. 

when I was in HI

don't you hate auto correct...

when I was high

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

most times

the dream is better than the reality

All the time it seems.

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

That’s why we have imaginations.  At my age, imagining is as far as it goes.

:pwk_bs:

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

My toes are curling.

A rule change would make this sport much more popular, one word, bikinis !  :D

Bet she could mop the heck out of a floor ! :o

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

My hyacinths are perfuming the house.

Sweet olive is doing it here for the last week, it's about 15' tall and smells great, not the prettiest tree/bush but very tough and well worth having.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, rplace said:

Need to work on my barista skills. Sloppy looking, terrible latte art, but it sure tastes good.

OK so you loose 1 point, you got the other 99 for it tasting good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Team Sinclair is now 7-0 and is now in the finals bracket.  They are the only undefeated team in the tournament. As the reigning National Champs, this is a good way to defend their title.

I could watch some of that.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Oh, she doesn’t know what she may have unleashed on her sport. 

That' probably true, it looks like fun but one of those things that is much harder than it looks, your watching people who are pro''s on Tv and locally people who play alot. .

And yes, either way we would talk about your curling skills, you should try it, why not ?

• Like 2

If my hair gets much longer, I will be curling haHaha

Made the trip to the lake.. Was nice. Saw some deer just as I was leaving town. Appears the BorderPatrol have a new toy.  A new tower. One with more sensors..

Ruby Rd was paved/patched enough to drive on the road. It had gotten so bad, even the BP were driving on the shoulder. They road to the lake had been graded. I guess they were expecting me. Caught some nice gills. 10in+. Barely made it home.

I am blaming on my Dr. I have a bad back. She told me to do as much as I can. It won't hurt.... it will keep me from worse faster.  What she meant was, "It won't KILL you".  Hurt???? I got plenty of that. Almost walking.    almost

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

the only drawback is that i don’t want to be pressured to be part of the Olympic Team in 2022.  

i think i will suck at first ... balance is not my strong point, and balance is critical in Curling. 

I wouldn't worry about all the Olympic pressure just yet, maby next year.

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i think i will suck at first .

I would think so, and maby a little wild to watch if you have a problem with balance ? :unsure2:  It will be fun they said ! :blush2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/6/2018 at 4:17 AM, DizRotus said:

Have I missed any Lily updates @Rxonmymind?

Lily is doing extremely well. Being young they bounce back quicker like kids? 

Here is a week...

Sunday was her first day time walk around the block. (Prior to this I had her walk at night a couple times to get her used to the "sights" as best as she could by our neighborhood street lamps and scent to break her in slowly)

Lot's of stops and hesitation. Took half an hour to go around our circular block that with normal walking is maybe five minutes. (Five time around it is a mile)

Monday same thing and less hesitation but still stop and go. Kinda jerky walking with leash. Fifteen minutes this time. Making progress! 

Tuesday decided to take her on my usual big oval three miles walk that I do and she did great. Still a little leery of people going either on their own morning walk/jog/cycling and would hug my leg for "protection". Even the HOA landscape guys were suspect as she would tip toe past them. 

Wednesday semi normal walk around and learned to sit before crossing the street. Proud of her! Oh and walked past the HOA landscaper sloowly but did good. Lotsa "atta girl" belly & head rubs.

Today she trotted along side of me while I huffed and puffed shuffled this 230 lbs as best as I could. She was on her tippy-toes light as ever like a butterfly. I was envious her. I let her know between gasp of breath I would have outrun her at 18. Felt better after that.   

Now this is how she greets us every morning...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FZrsZPuj8UvRC0wp2

So progress is slow and she still occasionally reverts back to her crouching when I walk towards her sometimes. But follows me around the house freely. She's potty trained too. 

Our two older daughters came over along with the two our grandsons ages 3-5. Lily did OK with our daughters and more importantly our grandkids. Sniffing them (everywhere :lol:) and walking with them. It's obvious she likes kids. Our middle daughter (26) used to work for SPCA so she knew right away seeing her the first time. Lily came right over to her.

She loves that family room couch you see in the video. Exhausted,  yesterday I took a nap in the formal living room and Lily woke me up with kisses and lots of butt wagging. I'd been out two hours!

Vet check up Friday to assess her weight and overall health. Hopefully she's gained a little fat. 

Thanks for asking. 

My face after her sneak attack..got the boxer kiss.... yuk!:P

IMG_20180308_022415.jpg

IMG_20180308_022451.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Boxers are good fam dogs.  She will do you right.

I love commercials

One was just on for a tech company.  "our machines let you do more"... or something like that.

... if a machine is doing more of our "work", aren't we doing less?

And with all of these labor saving devices, we invented some more machines. Weight machines. Go to the gym to do work that the machines saved you from. Ha

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

Lily is doing extremely well. Being young they bounce back quicker like kids? 

Here is a week...

Sunday was her first day time walk around the block. (Prior to this I had her walk at night a couple times to get her used to the "sights" as best as she could by our neighborhood street lamps and scent to break her in slowly)

Lot's of stops and hesitation. Took half an hour to go around our circular block that with normal walking is maybe five minutes. (Five time around it is a mile)

Monday same thing and less hesitation but still stop and go. Kinda jerky walking with leash. Fifteen minutes this time. Making progress! 

Tuesday decided to take her on my usual big oval three miles walk that I do and she did great. Still a little leery of people going either on their own morning walk/jog/cycling and would hug my leg for "protection". Even the HOA landscape guys were suspect as she would tip toe past them. 

Wednesday semi normal walk around and learned to sit before crossing the street. Proud of her! Oh and walked past the HOA landscaper sloowly but did good. Lotsa "atta girl" belly & head rubs.

Today she trotted along side of me while I huffed and puffed shuffled this 230 lbs as best as I could. She was on her tippy-toes light as ever like a butterfly. I was envious her. I let her know between gasp of breath I would have outrun her at 18. Felt better after that.   

Now this is how she greets us every morning...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FZrsZPuj8UvRC0wp2

So progress is slow and she still occasionally reverts back to her crouching when I walk towards her sometimes. But follows me around the house freely. She's potty trained too. 

Our two older daughters came over along with the two our grandsons ages 3-5. Lily did OK with our daughters and more importantly our grandkids. Sniffing them (everywhere :lol:) and walking with them. It's obvious she likes kids. Our middle daughter (26) used to work for SPCA so she knew right away seeing her the first time. Lily came right over to her.

She loves that family room couch you see in the video. Exhausted,  yesterday I took a nap in the formal living room and Lily woke me up with kisses and lots of butt wagging. I'd been out two hours!

Vet check up Friday to assess her weight and overall health. Hopefully she's gained a little fat. 

Thanks for asking. 

My face after her sneak attack..got the boxer kiss.... yuk!:P

IMG_20180308_022415.jpg

IMG_20180308_022451.jpg

Which one's Lily? :D sorry...I had to.

Nice looking doggy, looks happy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1