Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

14 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

billybob your killing me with all the

likes......

how are those la scalas ?

As good as the Chorus sounds with refreshed crossovers, the LaScala's are such an open, revealing set that I was surprised YouTube sounds as good as it does, on select recording of course. When doing cassette, cd player, and last night streaming for the first time, I am still much impressed. Will eventually change AL too AA or AL-3 after more listening and research here. Can only imagine what some decent vinyl will sound like.

After reading about all that was missing in the bass dept., over the years, the fear of not having enough bass worried me. Well, worried no more. It is really nice. Happy in FloridaB)

Was just catching up on the other thread. What's not to like...lol...Thanks!

Oh and FM...classical/pipe organ...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

As good as the Chorus sounds with refreshed crossovers, the LaScala's are such an open, revealing set that I was surprised YouTube sounds as good as it does, on select recording of course. When doing cassette, cd player, and last night streaming for the first time, I am still much impressed. Will eventually change AL too AA or AL-3 after more listening and research here. Can only imagine what some decent vinyl will sound like.

After reading about all that was missing in the bass dept., over the years, the fear of not having enough bass worried me. Well, worried no more. It is really nice. Happy in FloridaB)

Gia wants to know....

• Haha 5

•  
11 minutes ago, billybob said:

Gia wants to know....

LOL, take your pick. Tough question...:lol: Wish I knew!, lol...thanks for asking Gia.!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, billybob said:

I have a pair sitting in IN, waiting for me ...

After reading too much, the comments about lack of bass had me thinking.  I'm feeling much more assured.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I have a pair sitting in IN, waiting for me ...

After reading too much, the comments about lack of bass had me thinking.  I'm feeling much more assured.

Yes I think you will be happy with them. Actually made sense for me after the Chorus but, got offtrack with other Klipsch offerings. No regrets though with the KG's that have had and forte's, others.

The physics in the end appear where I wanted to go all along. Larger! Hope you can get them back to your state soon...:emotion-21:

Edit: Every type of music have thrown at it from different sources all let me know what I have been missing. Versatile speaker...imo.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes I think you will be happy with them. Actually made sense for me after the Chorus but, got offtrack with other Klipsch offerings. No regrets though with the KG's that have had and forte's, others.

The physics in the end appear where I wanted to go all along. Larger! Hope you can get them back to your state soon...:emotion-21:

It will be May at the soonest [unless someone from there is moving here sooner] and prolly Oct before they get home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, WillyBob said:

It will be May at the soonest [unless someone from there is moving here sooner] and prolly Oct before they get home.

Dang, glad you have patience and other Klipsch to get you through the wait. There is a Pony Express thread for members trying to hope out members in like situations. Sometimes it works for some. Think it is in the garage sale section FWIW. And as you may know already, sometime members give a shoutout when they are travelling with the room to spare.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

44 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang, glad you have patience and other Klipsch to get you through the wait.

WOW a WillyBob talking to a BillyBob, and they live on separate ends of the country. :o:lol: If we only had JoeBob

After hearing a Chorus, a LaScala might seem a little bass shy, but what your really getting is a much bigger and open midrange. imo

You can always add a small sub to fill in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I may  be the pony express.  If they find their way to Arkansas in May,  I'll fetch them from there. 

Yeah, I have other Klipsch to listen to ... a pair of R15M. Kinda started at the bottom and trying to skip the in-between steps.

Yes Hope would be cool. One day I may go there. That would save some mileage. Have heard those R-15M and they sounded decent to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

WOW a WillyBob talking to a BillyBob, and they live on separate ends of the country. :o:lol: If we only had JoeBob

After hearing a Chorus, a LaScala might seem a little bass shy, but what your really getting is a much bigger and open midrange. imo

You can always add a small sub to fill in.

Remember a woman named Bob, but not on here.:blush: It was on Black Adder...

Guessing it is the midrange doing it for me and bass will do... enough rattling around here so, no sub for me.

• Like 2