Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, oldtimer said:

sounds like its not the rapists drug dealers and murderers trying to come here.  there was the recent case of the judge nabbed with a lot of cocaine trying to cross the border....

I think it's not easy to compartmentalize their population like that.  It's a degradation of their culture, and cultures tend to follow the exoduses at least to some degree.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I think it's not easy to compartmentalize their population like that.  It's a degradation of their culture, and cultures tend to follow the exoduses at least to some degree.

Is that why we still have the vices of the English?  Darn.  besides the Scots and Presbyterians,a total blight.  

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

States are putting them on planes with one way tickets. 

So where is this I can go sleep in a park and get a free ticket to the islands ? Packing now, but no shower or shave, need to be authentic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

You're on to something.  Next time I visit Hawaii, I will buy a one-way ticket there and play the part to get a free return home.

There actually is a program to send them back.  The catch is that there has to be someone like a family member on the other end on the mainland that agrees to take you in and see you get the proper care.  Is there anyone you can really trust for that, lol?  You could end up a castaway.  You might decide you have to get a job...

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

You're on to something.  Next time I visit Hawaii, I will buy a one-way ticket there and play the part to get a free return home.

Didn't OT mean other states are sending their homeless to Hawaii? And besides isn't a round trip ticket cheaper than a one way?

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, WillyBob said:

I have a pair sitting in IN, waiting for me ...

After reading too much, the comments about lack of bass had me thinking.  I'm feeling much more assured.

Forgot to congratulate you. After a weekend of listening to my favorites, yes a nice balanced speaker with gobs of accurate bass.

Know you will let us know your impressions.:emotion-44:

Tone controls bypassed...

• Like 2

I should get off my duff and do something.   Guess I'll have to. Can't reach the volume knob..... 

The neighbors think I'm bad now ... one day, I was working at the store ... a guy came in, "Hey Bill, did you hear music this AM?"

"No, not over my stereo" ... he lived a block away.

wait for those LaScalas ...

I do keep my noisy period to hours when the AirForce is playing.  That way, I'm not the only one being loud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thinking that I should start looking at my vinyl. Living in the dust bowl ... I gonna need a lot of cleaner, if that will help. I have a fair collection. Hasn't seen light of day for years.

Knock the cobwebs off the old Technics. See if the motor turns. For sure needs a belt. Has a ShureM91ED, if that is still good. May need to check some wiring in the circuit from the cartridge ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a plan WillyBob. Nothing like rediscovering old vinyl collection. Have a newer mid-end Technics with cover that I always use.

DizRotus has some good threads on cleaning them, as well as others.

Woke up with clocks  an hour behind but, not a biggie. March came in like a lamb around here but, nice stiff wind today and the lows remain tolerable.

Like the cool and going to do outside work continued while still coolish. Second cupper:emotion-44:

Looks like Mike having a blast of cool...B) Stay safe.

• Like 3