Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

There actually is a program to send them back.  The catch is that there has to be someone like a family member on the other end on the mainland that agrees to take you in and see you get the proper care.  Is there anyone you can really trust for that, lol?  You could end up a castaway.  You might decide you have to get a job...

I can be your butler.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Hide the booze and women?

was watching the helicopter crash into the EastRiver. Shame.  Never flown in a chopper, do they put you in 5 point harnesses?

I've ridden in a helicopter a couple times, just a regular seat beat.

My Dad had a small airplane back in the 70s and 80s, a Piper Cherokee, it had lap belts as well.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Forgot to congratulate you. After a weekend of listening to my favorites, yes a nice balanced speaker with gobs of accurate bass.

Know you will let us know your impressions.:emotion-44:

Tone controls bypassed...

vinyl required and your choice

of beverage and cable's

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I find my activities dictated by the old car.  Needs a water pump.

Wife came home telling me the power steering went.  I open the hood. The serpentine belt is off. I put it back on. Start the engine and it came off again. Put it back on and grab the pulley on the water pump. It wiggles. 

not a big job. Not overhead cam. No turbo. No supercharger. All I have to move is the water bottle for the coolant and pull 6 or 7 bolts. Don't need special tools. Just 1] 3/8 drive ratchet, a short extension and a 12mm socket.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I gotta get into the swing of this retirement gig.

so used to doing everything myself.

this sucking air for pay is nice.

it's tough doing nothing.....

thats why after retirement....you forget to stop doing nothing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being retired takes some practice and I won't be fully retired for another year. When the wife retires, then I get to have... well, I would go back to bed, but for me needing to get the wife up and moving toward work.    I am the alarm clock, with a 1/2hr snooze

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

why does IN see a need to be on DST?

Never understood that either, were on the same time as Indy.

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

it's tough doing nothing.....

thats why after retirement....you forget to stop doing nothing

That's really true, most days I seem to have plenty to do, if not I make up things to do, it's how we ended up with a tiki bar in the yard and a home business. But I can work from home listening to music drinking coffee, of course the pay is MUCH lower but I don't have to even put on shoes or leave and I can get up whenever I want.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yep.  Sometimes it costs more to repair something yourself.  We fix a lot of previously fixed things here.

With most things I either fix it or ruin it, with cars if it's not easy I don't try. Shade tree mechanics should not work on cars today, way to much is tied to a computer. If one part fails the computer tries to make changes to other things to fix the problem. If you are not positive a part is bad don't just start changing out parts, it could get real expensive fast.

• Like 2