Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Now I KNOW where Carl's Jr gets their "turkey" burgers they call chicken. I thought it tasted funny. :D

Wild turkeys strutting through the drive thru. There was actually two and you can barely make out the tail of the other sticking out of the black car. 

IMG_20180313_113613.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dtel said:

If you are not positive a part is bad don't just start changing out parts, it could get real expensive fast.

My favorite are the ones who bring their car in for repairs.  They OK the diagnosis fee, you check it and you give them a quote.  They then get mad and want the repair done cheaper than you quoted because they've already spent hundreds of dollars having it fixed somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

it's tough doing nothing.....

thats why after retirement....you forget to stop doing nothing

I feel guilty if I'm not busy.

This place needs so much that I have to run away to relax

I tease about us buying me a career.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My favorite are the ones who bring their car in for repairs.  They OK the diagnosis fee, you check it and you give them a quote.  They then get mad and want the repair done cheaper than you quoted because they've already spent hundreds of dollars having it fixed somewhere else.

nice.  gotta love that.  what happened to people who are willing to pay a fair price for goods or services rendered?  I have a couple folks I do business with almost exclusively where I trust their judgement & recommendations, and usually tell remind them of that when I say "ok, go ahead.  call me if anything changes, or when you're done"

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rxonmymind said:

Now I KNOW where Carl's Jr gets their "turkey" burgers they call chicken. I thought it tasted funny. :D

Wild turkeys strutting through the drive thru. There was actually two and you can barely make out the tail of the other sticking out of the black car. 

IMG_20180313_113613.jpg

thanksgiving....early.....I don't see a 

beard....so it looks like a hen...

• Like 2

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I must run with a more "rustic" crowd. 

then when you heat with wood, exclusively ...  I can't say I have not BBQ'd on coals in the stove.

We heat with wood exclusively, but I can only cook on top, no way to cook on coals. I would like to get one of those fancy heaters with the glass door where you can see the flames.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I hear ya. I'm def leaning toward letting the shop do it.  I can do the job. Ask me if I want to

was just checking ...

sunrise in Boston MA  7:00 AM

sunrise in Elkhart IN   8:00AM

why does IN see a need to be on DST?

Everybody in the contiguous 48 is on DST except AZ, no?

• Like 3

leave or die.

I still don't see any logic in DST.   

If I want midnight sun, I will move to a polar region. I can't imagine trying to get kids to bed before 10PM and it still being light outside.

does make curfew laws easy.     any child out after dark is in violation

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

We heat with wood exclusively, but I can only cook on top, no way to cook on coals. I would like to get one of those fancy heaters with the glass door where you can see the flames.

image.jpeg

we have an Englander w/glass door. It maw is 2X as big as the door on yours.  I think our stove is 4cu/ft. A gift from the neighbor. "Plumbing'" too.  

I like your stove kettle. We have a few that came with the house. Wife was asking what the heavy as tea kettles were for.  I'm learnin' her. These intellectuals are hard as hell to teach ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

we have an Englander w/glass door. It maw is 2X as big as the door on yours.  I think our stove is 4cu/ft. A gift from the neighbor. "Plumbing'" too.  

I like your stove kettle. We have a few that came with the house. Wife was asking what the heavy as tea kettles were for.  I'm learnin' her. These intellectuals are hard as hell to teach ...

The plumbing is changed, I originally started with the standard pipes for that, after a couple years of changing out the rusted piped out side I made something better.

Someone gave me a few aluminum 1/4" thick tubes which happen to be the exact right size, 6" I think. I cut a saddle in another piece and a hole in the first piece, the saddle piece I cut off the right length to go inside to meet the normal pipe. I have nothing to weld aluminum so I brought it around the corner and had it welded, on an angle I put it through the wall and stood it upright and cemented the bottom in the ground. A hole was cut into the bottom by the ground and made into a door to clean out buildup, plus a aluminum bracket was made at the roof height. Inside I just slid it right over the other pipe, a bog hose clamp holds it so it does not fall off.

I have a long stick with a metal half circle on the end, I disconnect the inside pipe and push any buildup to the vertical outside pipe and clean at the end of the season. This "rig" will outlast me it's so thick. If you look at the pic, right after the inside 90 you can see the clamp around the thin pipe.

outside

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't see a hammer ???

that wrench is for righties or lefties

at the boat shop, there was a running joke about one of the guys wanting his metric crescent wrench... and he wasn't kidding

Had nothing to do with metric/SAE... there is a metric crescent wrench.  It is the length of the handle

in this case, the jaws were thinner. It was a metric wrench.  That was its reference

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I don't see a hammer ???

Without a hammer you have nothing, although I have beat on things with a wrench like that, standard or metric makes no difference for beating.

My favorite tool, cordless drill which of course I use as a screwdriver more than anything.

• Haha 2