Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

we used a bowling pin as a hammer too often. They good persuaders @3.5lb. Don't drive nail for chit... but so many other places that could use help.   We like dealing with machines that way, compared to humans.  The hammer is an option

standard is a relative term. 

I-19 has the distinction of being one of [the one?] interstate signed in Metric.  Quite confusing when your get on the on ramp and see "This highway signed in metric" and then see a  Speed Limit 65 with no designation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

standard is a relative term. 

I-19 has the distinction of being one of [the one?] interstate signed in Metric.  Quite confusing when your get on the on ramp and see "This highway signed in metric" and then see a  Speed Limit 65 with no designation. 

That'd be "about" 100.

Although ignorance of the law is no excuse, 100mph at 2200 rpm seems quite acceptable depending upon traffic volumes.

Safe & stable while getting where you need to go.

Oops, 65mph is roughly 100Kph.  

Sorry officer, my internal calculator must be a bit off today.  

And,

Do you routinely defend your traffic infraction citiations in court?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Anyone use milk of magnesia on threads?

Dip the bolt threads in it before installation on things that run hot like exhaust manifolds, headers, turbo-jet hot sections.

Muy bueno

Does it keep them locked in place or make it easier to take apart?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Does it keep them locked in place or make it easier to take apart?

Easier to take apart. The solution turns to powder, prevents corrosion and acts as lubricant when taken apart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Dip the bolt threads in it before installation on things that run hot like exhaust manifolds, headers, turbo-jet hot sections.

Muy bueno

thanks.

I tear down the breather tubes in my woodstove every few weeks to clean the chimney.

I was looking around for some NeverSeize. in one of our sheds.  Found a can from blasting caps... That won't help

unrelated

but I found an old Folger's can. My folks drank the stuff and I don't remember this can. It has a ship on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rivervalleymgb said:

I don't see any Whitworth wrenches or JIS screwdrivers, or Posidrive in that setup...

we wee retrofitting the pinsetters with some piece of something [I don't remember what and doesn't matter] ... the instructions referred to screwdrivers as + and - .... 

think they were shooting for the lowest common denominator???

38 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

we wee retrofitting the pinsetters with some piece of something [I don't remember what and doesn't matter] ... the instructions referred to screwdrivers as + and - .... 

think they were shooting for the lowest common denominator???

sure they were :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

Muy bueno

excellent tip.  never would have thought of that.

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Without a hammer you have nothing, although I have beat on things with a wrench like that, standard or metric makes no difference for beating.

My favorite tool, cordless drill which of course I use as a screwdriver more than anything.

And the base of the battery doubles as a hammer.

• Haha 1