Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

28 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

don't know how many of you will appreciate this

one drop of coffee has me feverishly separating the rolling papers it landed on. 

--- so does this call for another expansion on the original "coffe and cables"?

To now read - coffee, cables, cocktails and canibus ?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, richieb said:

--- so does this call for another expansion on the original "coffe and cables"?

To now read - coffee, cables, cocktails and canibus ?!?

I roll my own cigarettes.... really

"tailor made" cigarettes are about as "good"  as canned ground coffee

since I'm on a roll...

there is tobacco that grow wild down here.  The indigenous peoples used it for religious ceremonies ... it must be pretty strong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Triple C thread; right now it stands for Coffee, Chocolate & Cash. The snow melted quick but the wind from the mountains is chilly today!

I'll miss my Heresy IIs but the visa that I put my Forte IIIs on will get knocked out before 3/31 when the 0% disappears! :D

Untitled.jpg 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Triple C thread; right now it stands for Coffee, Chocolate & Cash. The snow melted quick but the wind from the mountains is chilly today!

I'll miss my Heresy IIs but the visa that I put my Forte IIIs on will get knocked out before 3/31 when the 0% disappears! :D 

You forgot "Cambridge". Ohhh, can't wait to here impression of FIIIs - congrats!

Is that some sort of funky salt lamp? One showed up at my house after a recent outing by the wife. Supposed to do all sorts of good things for you....so much so that I can't remember any of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The Forte III thread where I started here with you guys I used a lot of adverbs @rplace. I won't get smacked with the palpable air pressure from the Heresy IIs anymore, but what I was seeking has been here since last summer! Forte IIIs have lower bass without adding a left and right sub. I say two because I don't like the idea of one sub for a stereo signal. They don't go that low, but it is an upgrade. The soundstage is what is easily special about the Forte III. Good recorded LP,  great cartridge, decent mid-grade amplification... the F3 is just about magical. I'm happy!

Salt lamp is supposed to ionize the air when the incandescent lamp heats it up, ok unless you replace it with an led when it burns out! Good night lights for old & young eyes, amber is calming as opposed to a vivid blue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Salt lamp is supposed to ionize the air when the incandescent lamp heats it up, ok unless you replace it with an led when it burns out! Good night lights for old & young eyes, amber is calming as opposed to a vivid blue.

Ours made it from the living room to the bedroom. Gotta admit it makes a pretty good nightlight. When I look at it I can't help but think it is some sort of left over prop from the original Star Trek days.

trek_0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

since I'm on a roll...

there is tobacco that grow wild down here.  The indigenous peoples used it for religious ceremonies ... it must be pretty strong.

Yeah back in the day we had some "wild tobacco" growing in these parts. I believe it to be the infamous "ditch weed".  But hey, if you insist on calling it tobacco we're good with that. We are very non-judgemental here.  

• Haha 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, richieb said:

--- I sometimes used the side chassis of a Wright monoblock ?!? Smooooth hammerin' that is --- ?!? 

Well if your looking for an old time analog hammer it's good. :huh:

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, richieb said:

Yeah back in the day we had some "wild tobacco" growing in these parts. I believe it to be the infamous "ditch weed".  But hey, if you insist on calling it tobacco we're good with that. We are very non-judgemental here.  

Like we were believing this :pwk_bs: story he gave us.

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

since I'm on a roll...

Ok sure :rolleyes: blame it on the indigenous people:lol:

I tried rolling my own cigarettes once, since I had lots of practice, it was no fun for the difference in price. Well if what the Indians were smoking was no better than folgers coffee it's no wonder they switched to peyote.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, richieb said:

That's funny, it reminds me of a friend many years ago, he told me come over I want to give you some I grew. Well he planted a field and did nothing with it, he sent me home with a garbage bag full. :blink: I found out why when I tried it, it would have been better for making rope, you would die of cancer before there was any affect.

• Like 1

these were Bugler papers, I wouldn't use for anything but tobacco... they're just a little thinner than newsprint ... but cheap. 

tbh, if I am offered a tailor made cig, I turn it down. They leave me wanting a cigarette.

dtel

that a stub of a Sago palm?  Our weeds are starting green up. Takes a week or so for a visible difference. The cottonwoods popped leaves and the elderberries are green.  It still gets cold at night. We can grow apples here

• Like 2