Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I worked at a plant nursery for a while

one day a lady came in wanting a flowering tree     ..........................   that didn't make a "mess"

I was younger and ... um, more polite. I didn't laugh in her face or send her to get plastic or silk.  I would now

We did a job once where the lady said I don't want plants that make flowers, it's just so messy, you can't fix stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

not better than a couple of years ago ... pleased that they weren’t worse.  i guess my opinion of “eating bad” has changed to the point that what I now deem as eating bad, is still better than days gone by.  

maybe it's just me.  Eating "good" is easy.  Only problem I have is getting produce that makes the cut. I have lived in enough places and grown enough to know what "vine ripened" is. Spoiled.

I also eat what is in season. Best and as cheap as it will get. I refuse to buy tomatoes. Even heirloom varieties are junk by the time they get to the store.

We do have a farmers' market.  I know who grew it. I will buy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Did you tell her you had just the thing but it would have to be mowed weekly?

No we did what she wanted and took her money and moved on.

We did an large brick entrance way to a huge house once, the husband loved it but said let me get my wife and make sure it's ok with her. She came out and said I really like the plants but can you change it I was really hoping for a different look. We said sure what were you thinking, she said like at the Exxon gas station where all the plants are in rows. :o

We said come back in a hour, she did and loved it, after she went back inside we asked the husband what he thought. He said he liked it better the other way but said, I have to live with her here's a check.

We made the beds high and out of fine ground pine bark, which is very easy to move around to replant, it took less than an hour.

Whatever they wanted.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

I don't get surprised much any more.  Amazed often.

I amaze myself

WTF were thinking Bill...  stop that.   and you thought you were smarter than that.

My best stupid stories are thing I have done.

I know how that works, and my wife is hardly surprised anymore she has seen so many crazy things.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

At the front of the house Ruby Lorapetlum

By walk way Kaleidoscope Abelia

Side of house Camellia Sasanqua  "Yuletide"

Side of house Cleyera Japonica

Side of house Crimson Fire Lorapetlum

Remove all old greenery,  repair drip line irrigation, 3 cubic yards mulch, 1 yard topsoil, and 10 man hours labor=$1482.00

you should of planted the cash crop..

would of gotten a return on your investment....in the fall....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

.... when I went to pick up my car, I was noticing the new "farms" down in the valley. Lot of big greenhouses.

I know there is at least 5 acres legally planted.  All w/i 3 miles of a BorderPatrol/Customs installation on I-19.  Curious to see how this is going to play out.

if they are let to grow ... I suppose the feds will allow the product to be moved to the dispensaries ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

I know how that works, and my wife is hardly surprised anymore she has seen so many crazy things.

my wife just shakes her head and walks away.

I get to do the same with her ... and she got a master's.  An intellectual... 

keep tools away from her. somewhere along the way physics got by her. 

when she "helps" me ... I spend more time explaining why you want to hit the nail with the metal end of the hammer than working.  Not quite that bad... But near

• Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I know there is at least 5 acres legally planted.  All w/i 3 miles of a BorderPatrol/Customs installation on I-19.  Curious to see how this is going to play out.

They have been growing it in N Mississippi, Oxford for over 35 years, well legally anyway.

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-mississippi-lab-taught-us-everything-we-know-about-marijuana-better-or-worse-1890470

government-marijuana-farm-outdoor.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

the difference between that farm and all of the rest is that the feds are running the one in Mississippi.

Ambulance was idling around here at 2:30AM.  I was up... after a "nap".  Someone must have been having a problem. I dinna see where they went.  Hope it wasn't a friend.  I about said "Someone I know" ... that would be most everyone

Time to grind beans. And wake then wife. I do not know how the grinder doesn't. I have heard quieter garbage disposals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

the difference between that farm and all of the rest is that the feds are running the one in Mississippi.

Ambulance was idling around here at 2:30AM.  I was up... after a "nap".  Someone must have been having a problem. I dinna see where they went.  Hope it wasn't a friend.  I about said "Someone I know" ... that would be most everyone

Time to grind beans. And wake then wife. I do not know how the grinder doesn't. I have heard quieter garbage disposals.

you live in a one horse town....

of course it's someone you know...

if you don't like the noise from your grinder....you can put the beans

in a bag....and smash it with a hammer......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1