Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

thanks

to both/all

I kinda figured it would.

that why I said "dumb question"

USNRET

if it took 2 years to find someone to do it - it was worth the wait.  When I get asked if I want to pour some of that kind of mud, I decline.  Don't have to be polite about it. HaHaHa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Another early riser.  I'm getting ready to dig a 120' ditch to put a drain pipe in for my back yard.  Don't know how long it will take so I figured I'd get started as soon as it got light out.  I really need to get it done this weekend.  The good thing is that 100' of it is in front of the garage so I can crank up the garage system for tunes while I work.  It should be light out in 30 minutes or so and I'll get started.  My back hurts just thinking about it.

That's a lot of digging. What type of soil will you be dealing with? Is it sandy? 

13 minutes ago, USNRET said:

C,C,C $ concrete
Took 2 years to find someone to pour about 1-1/14 yards only $850.00

Concrete.jpg

Is that a concrete drive that truck's parked on? That's a bad idea up here. The weight, and the rocking back and forth of that 66K lb truck will crack the average concrete drive. With a small pour like that, a wheelbarrow works fine.

• Like 2

The extra is to drive across instead of the rut I was making in the lawn as I park on the far right so the wife can back out of her garage on the far left. Truck vs driveway; yea, it was a concern but took the chance with only a yard on the truck; no obvious damage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

That's a lot of digging. What type of soil will you be dealing with? Is it sandy? 

Is that a concrete drive that truck's parked on? That's a bad idea up here. The weight, and the rocking back and forth of that 66K lb truck will crack the average concrete drive. With a small pour like that, a wheelbarrow works fine.

A little sand and a lot if clay.  I'm about 30 ft in.  Taking a break now.

20180317_100235.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Yes Mike I bought 1 mega million, 1 Power ball, and 1 Carolina Cash 5.  When I win........

19 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You can get a brand new bubble.

With that much cash, you can get one of those cool Porsche mini-vans! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

A little sand and a lot if clay.  I'm about 30 ft in.  Taking a break now.

20180317_100235.jpg

it takes a pick to get that deep here.  A shovel is for removing the stuff you loosened up with the pick.  Life on a rockpile

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

easier yet is to hire someone to do it for you.  

It's a combination of me needing the exercise and never being happy with someone else's work that keeps me from doing that.

Just about half way there.   Enjoying a water break now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1