Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Drain pipe only needs about an eight inch per foot.  I have plenty of fall.

Nice to see you layin' pipe on a Saturday ?!? But with so many breaks someone must be very frustrated ?!?!?! I know its a be-atch getting old -----  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, USNRET said:

eight inch per foot

some at 60 feet that is 480 inch drop:o

I thought that sounded like alot, but it would be 5' drop at 60, 60" but even then the water will fly out of the backyard.

Edit.........

I completely missed the "eight inch per foot" part, watersides aren't that steep, guess he meant 8" over 10', that's still really steep. 1" over 10' will drain water  @60' including pipe resistance.

Carl's back yard is going to drain so fast the water is going to shoot up on the lawn of the neighbor across the street. :o:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, richieb said:

Nice to see you layin' pipe on a Saturday ?!? But with so many breaks someone must be very frustrated ?!?!?!

She will be fine in the long run. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

COFFEE in my new mug.....!

I feel better now...

IMG_20180317_134649.jpg

Does it work well on its own? Or will you need a sub (espresso) to enjoy de full effect? Sometimes I bi-amp (Colombian and Guatemalan) or tri-amp. (Add French Roast)  Tubes (French press) or SS (drip system)?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, dtel said:

I thought that sounded like alot, but it would be 5' drop at 60, 60" but even then the water will fly out of the backyard.

Edit.........

I completely missed the "eight inch per foot" part, watersides aren't that steep, guess he meant 8" over 10', that's still really steep. 1" over 10' will drain water  @60' including pipe resistance.

One eighth inch per foot on drain lines, one quarter inch per foot on sewer lines.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Nice to see you layin' pipe on a Saturday ?!? But with so many breaks someone must be very frustrated ?!?!?! I know its a be-atch getting old -----  

Can't do it on a week day like all you old retired farts.

85 degrees with plenty of humidity.  Yup, I'm taking breaks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

One eighth inch per foot on drain lines, one quarter inch per foot on sewer lines.

More dosen't hurt on drain lines but more does hurt on sewer lines, for a poopy reason. Apparently poop does not always go downhill. :unsure:

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Yep you waited for the warmest day this year, it's OK it is still way cooler than in a couple of months.

We never thought we would see you laying pipe, your not shy the whole neighborhood also got to watch, plus it's online.  B) You can go to work and tell everyone you did it on the front lawn and all the neighbors are jealous, they want there turn, that's what enough martinis will do for you. :emotion-46::o

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Hey, I'm not averse to a little hard labor. Room, board, good food and access to nice vehicle of my choice,  and I'm there ?!?! Just ask --

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

More dosen't hurt on drain lines but more does hurt on sewer lines, for a poopy reason. Apparently poop does not always go downhill. :unsure:

Yep you waited for the warmest day this year, it's OK it is still way cooler than in a couple of months.

We never thought we would see you laying pipe, your not shy the whole neighborhood also got to watch, plus it's online.  B) You can go to work and tell everyone you did it on the front lawn and all the neighbors are jealous, they want there turn, that's what enough martinis will do for you. :emotion-46::o

You are correct, the liquid can outrun the solids.....then you have problems. 

I have a plumber friend, he has a decal on the side of his truck box...."Your poop is our bread and butter"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'll absolutely let you drive the Cruze. 

-- I had the foresight for this answer so please re-consider per my terms -- "vehicle of my choice". And while the Cruze is indeed a fine automobile my eyes stray to other options. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, richieb said:

-- I had the foresight for this answer so please re-consider per my terms -- "vehicle of my choice". And while the Cruze is indeed a fine automobile my eyes stray to other options. 

Very well then.  I'll call you when I get ready to dig another ditch.  You'll be sleeping with Otto.

• Like 1