Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

morning coffee always makes better

Kinda cool and dark this AM.  Don't think there is precip in our immediate future. The weather forecasters get excited whenever there are clouds and call for a 10% chance of getting 0.01 inch of rain.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

morning coffee always makes better

Kinda cool and dark this AM.  Don't think there is precip in our immediate future. The weather forecasters get excited whenever there are clouds and call for a 10% chance of getting 0.01 inch of rain.

We live in a rain forest compared to you, we got 2.5 inches this morning already, it looks like it's almost over, unless it comes back out the Gulf again. Most of that rain was in the last hour or so, it was really coming down.

Where this water stops before the pond there is a 6" pipe draining into the pond, it can't keep up.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Boo!  The 8-0 streak for Jamie Sinclair was broken as they lost, in the last end, this morning to Russia (8-5).  Hopefully, they can regroup and beat Scotland this afternoon. Jamie is 1 - 1 in this tournament. 

Help me here, I know Noting about Curling. You always mention Jamie Sinclair, one person. But watching, it seems to be a team sport. 

Can only one person "score"? Or is she the Michael Jordan of her team? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, richieb said:

Help me here, I know Noting about Curling. You always mention Jamie Sinclair, one person. But watching, it seems to be a team sport. 

Can only one person "score"? Or is she the Michael Jordan of her team? 

It's the "skip" or captain position.  They call all shots and can throw last two stones.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dtel said:

We live in a rain forest compared to you, we got 2.5 inches this morning already, it looks like it's almost over, unless it comes back out the Gulf again. Most of that rain was in the last hour or so, it was really coming down.

Where this water stops before the pond there is a 6" pipe draining into the pond, it can't keep up.

image.jpeg

Looks like the park after a rain.

54 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Dos XX

where's the Guiness?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dtel said:

A low spot/drain through the garden to drain the driveway, it's like a creek. We expect this, we get 60" a year on average.

image.jpeg

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I could only dream of so much rain...

I can only imagine all of the mozzies.