Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

22 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You are correct, the liquid can outrun the solids.....then you have problems. 

I have a plumber friend, he has a decal on the side of his truck box...."Your poop is our bread and butter"

talk about deja vu......

just went to wash some clothes..

there was 3-4 inches of floating

gooey stench...

run back upstairs....put my big yellow

rubber boots on....

used a bladder valve flushed it away...

just have to pick up 2'' bladder. 

flush the other line....

where's tidybowl man when you need him......wtf......

• Sad 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You sure have a nice back yard.

Thank you, but it's the front yard, you can see the road  and the neighbors fence in the back left.

We live in a dry county, so we put a bar in the front yard :lol:That's the front poles on the left.

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

That is a nice spread you have their Elden ... you gave me the impression that you were part hillbilly; but, it appears that you have a real nice place. The yard looks kinda fancy.  Big too -- you could host a pilgrimage there (if there were a such thing as a pilgrimage).

Nope no hillbilly, but after moving from Louisiana and now 20+ years in Mississippi, probably a Coonneck now, coonass and redneck. We like it, quiet and you can do what you want, no one cares. It's not big just under 6 acres including ponds, and not fancy, except for the garden just grass and ponds.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

well, he didn’t show us the house ... maybe it’s a couple of mini-vans welded together?

How you found out ? :o

I just usually don't take pictures of the house, it's nothing to look at. We built it to have no outside maintenance,  all metal, walls and roof. We had plans to build the house we wanted in the back yard, a lob cabin and we thought this place would be empty and locked up. Things happen over the years kids moving back a few times, changes in jobs, just general stuff that happens when you make plans. We just added on to this house and stayed, everything is standard but it's metal on the outside, but it is still no maintenance.

OK here you go, we put this house in the front right corner thinking we were going to build in the back yard, you can somewhat see the driveway and circle drive in the back yard. The little ponds toward the corner are for growing tropical waterlilies. Tractor shed with where we grow plants sometimes and the bar in the front garden in front of the house. You can see a little of the old chicken house on the side of the house by the property line. We added other smaller ponds in the back left, but the bigger one is for fishing and swimming and just because we wanted ponds :o You can see my old truck and raised vegetable garden behind the house.

Going to be building a shop for woodworking soon and some of the out buildings will be gone then.

There nothing to hide, not that I was hiding anything anyway, some people the forum has stayed here already anyway.  

troy_flying-108.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

i lost my guitar tuner -- that thing was over $100.  downloaded a tuner app on my iPhone and it doesn’t work -- even my profound hearing loss ears can tell.  it’s in the living room somewhere, i hate losing things!

Ship them to me, I'll tune them :D

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

talk about deja vu......

just went to wash some clothes..

there was 3-4 inches of floating

gooey stench...

run back upstairs....put my big yellow

rubber boots on....

used a bladder valve flushed it away...

just have to pick up 2'' bladder. 

flush the other line....

where's tidybowl man when you need him......wtf......

Oh no.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

nice set up.

how many square foot is the house ... looks like a nice size.

I guess you just have to be careful you’re not leaning against a wall during an electrical storm.

2227sf inside, 768 in porches and not counting my 12"x14" workshop on the back.

4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, sewing room and office, garden bar is 16'x24' not included but in the pic.

No lightning hit it yet, probably shouldn't have said that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Sure I will, it might take me a while to get them in proper tune.

that could work out in my favor ... i’d have to buy some new ones while i waited.  Let’s see ... i’ve had my eye on this Deusenberg for a while, and a PRS, and a Reverse Firebird, and a ...

• Haha 1

• Moderators
On 3/17/2018 at 7:40 PM, Ceptorman said:

I have a plumber friend, he has a decal on the side of his truck box...."Your poop is our bread and butter"

They have a local septic company with something similar, it says Your number 2 is our number 1 business.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

He is way too far into the delta for there to be much in the way of hills.  

Some small hills about 10 miles away, that's about it.

Nothing much around the neighborhood, a few ponds and houses, and it looks about the same in any direction.

troy_flying-112.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

That is a nice spread you have their Elden ... you gave me the impression that you were part hillbilly; but, it appears that you have a real nice place. The yard looks kinda fancy.  Big too -- you could host a pilgrimage there (if there were a such thing as a pilgrimage).

no BSM

I'm the hillbilly here. We have the outhouse shingled with old license plates. An evaporative cooling refrigerator, house that is/was a travel trailer.

"our home is mobile and truck is not"

The guys at TableRockLake did make me feel kinda sophisticated. They were fishing for suckers.

• Haha 2

my dad was Italian

spaghetti day required us to drink a little glass of wine. Same reaction

BSM

I won't tell you that we have had a skunk living under the porch. It came in the house.  We have a "cat door"... one tiger, one orange, one black and white, two tiger, 2 black and white ....

"Honey, did we get another black and white cat?"  "No" and carefully herd it back out .... twice

trapped and transplanted him.  He was OK, except when he would come home after a hard night.

I transplanted a half dozen coons to the lake. Had to fence the javelina out...

• Haha 3