Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

agree and still refusing to join the masses.

Good for you.  I joined several years ago to keep tabs on my kids.  I've yet to post.  It could flame out as far as I'm concerned and I'd be fine with it.

• Like 6

My wife, too.  that just pisses me off. The whole world knows before the parents.  I promise not to rant

this is about as social as I get. I wouldn't have a computer if my friends didn't buy one for me. Now, I'm kind of obliged to use it. 

on to other things

had mystery tamales for dinner last night. Was digging thru the freezer and found 2 dozen. These are handmade, genuine Mexican ...Pulled one out.  Looking at them, dinna think they were beef. 2nd option would be green corn. We good with those, too. Popped a few in the microwave.  Surprise - chicken. Super good. Like chicken soup you can eat with your hand.     I know - the hand should be eaten separately

Spring!   80` today. a little sigh of relief. 90` tomorrow - a BIG sigh of relief

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rainy and warm here.  Flowers and shrubs ready to bust out after a winter's sleep.  Pollen washing away in little yellow rivers. The Bubble is safe and dry in LF's garage while the Bublette is covered in the drive way. 

Finishing the second cup and contemplating breakfast according to Atkins. 

Yes I'm on FB and recognize the quagmire it is. 

More coffee and looking at futures on CNBC.

Life in the slow lane.....

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Spring!   80` today. a little sigh of relief. 90` tomorrow - a BIG sigh of relief

It's been in the 80 here, 70 today for a high and it feels great.

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Flowers and shrubs ready to bust out after a winter's sleep.

Been flowering here, azaleas almost finished flowering and Japanese Maples are almost all have sprouted new leaves.

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

agree and still refusing to join the masses.

NO facebook for me or any other things like that, not even a phone and no plan on changing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Flowers and shrubs ready to bust out after a winter's sleep.

Flowering now is a Chinese Fringe tree. And the last Japanese maple to get it's leaves.

I pad pics just now

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

One of them and that's what she thinks too, the other is a min pin. They both think there are way bigger than they really are, they chase big dogs out the yard. They even go right up to the horses across the street and bark at them, the horses just look at them like they are nuts.

Both are rescues, the min pin is from the shelter. The other came from our daughter, she is a hospice nurse and the owner of the dog died and there was no one to taker her so my daughter did. We went out of town and our daughter watched our dog, then we watched hers and our daughter didn't want to separate them so we ended up with her. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

that maple resembles a false arailea [?] 

it's either rhododendrons or azaleas that make poisonous honey.

another of my backwoods hobbies. Used to be an apiculturist ... beekeeper

I had 20 colonies [hives]

Dang, Orange Blossom or Tupelo guess are local around about(Yes) here.

How one keeps bees out of poisonous plants, have never dreamed of.

Ignorant yet guess Desert Flowers in Arizona. ?! Lol

• Like 3

Have had some reprieve in March with some cooler weather. Much appreciated by me. Still, there is much still to be done in a very short while here at the Hacienda. Before long, LF(18 years?) will be hacking me out and about with her gardening projects. 

Thinking about embracing the hot and humid weather this year. Instead of dreading what is to come, if I were to  tweak my attitude, it may keep my nose in joint and save it from a horrible tweak. Right now I pretend to be needing to watch my stocks but alas, can not keep the farce up forever. However, I am resourceful and will find another means of escape. Creativity is like that I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1