Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

28 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

You had snow in Indy?  

Yep. The west side had a dusting, everything stayed east. I'm about 20 miles east of the city, got about 5"...another 20 miles east of me had 7".  At least it's warming up and won't be around long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

You had snow in Indy?  

And another 5-8" this weekend, and this one will hit you first.

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

I thought they called off winter, heard something about that a while back :ph34r::lol:

I did too.....someone was wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9+ inches at my house already. No sign of stopping. Dogs getting cabin fever. Just got all bundled up and walked them. They love it. Was quiet and peaceful with nobody out and about. Pretty for today but a total PITA moving forward. Happy first full day of spring! Coffee? Cocktail Hour?

• Like 2

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

a brandy.

I'm hanging laundry.  It might be a little cooler the dtel's.  Noon news had our R/H at 8%.  80`

I doubt it has ever been 8%RH here.

With that humidity when you get done go get a glass of water, then go back and get the clothes, they will be ready.

I use to love drying clothes like that mostly towels, the kids would complain about the stiff towels, they were pretty stiff. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 below and already 21” of snow in the past 12 hours.  

not really; but, felt left out of the conversation.  it’s 51 degrees; but supposed to get 1” - 3” of snow on Friday. Drinking a cup of coffee and watching Snake City on television. This dude is grabbing Black Mambas with his bare hands.  I wouldn’t want his job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Feeling alright today; but, this weekend wasn’t pleasant. My PVCs are really intense and continue for hours before subsiding.  That thumping in the chest gets uncomfortable after a while. 

You need to stop watching the guy man-handling black mambas.  (just kidding)

Do you know what causes them for you?  From what I read, it sounds like PVC's aren't well-understood.

Good luck to both Carl and you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

hi Jeff -- They are hard to figure out.  I’ve noticed a couple of things that i want to say are “triggers,” but it doesn’t happen all the time. Emotions are a known trigger. It has happened after getting real angry. It has happened after overeating too. for the most part, they just come and go for no apparent reason.

My brother described a condition which sounds similar, like palpitations that made him feel panicky and fearing he might be having a heart attack.  The doc gave him an Rx for Xanax, and a half-pill, as needed, seemed to do the trick for him.  He swore by it.  I don't think he has much need for it anymore, but I haven't asked if he still takes it.  I know it was an off-and-on thing for a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hope all goes well with you.

It did thanks.  Sorest spot now is my wrist.  They tried 2 different spot there before going in the artery in my groin.  It also took 3 tries for an IV which is odd because when I give blood the techs always say that I have great veins.  Guess I need to find new health care providers with better aim.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/21/2018 at 5:22 PM, CECAA850 said:

It did thanks.  Sorest spot now is my wrist.  They tried 2 different spot there before going in the artery in my groin.  It also took 3 tries for an IV which is odd because when I give blood the techs always say that I have great veins.  Guess I need to find new health care providers with better aim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

are you saying that they could have done the procedure without using the artery in the groin?  If so, i wasn’t aware of that. 

They can do everything through your wrist that they can do through your groin.  Well for everyone but me evidently. 

• Like 2

Years ago, I worked on a peer review proceeding in a hospital where 3 doctors were empaneled to decide whether a doctor was adequately qualified to continue practicing procedures on peripheral arteries and veins, namely to do arteriograms and angioplasties.  I learned a lot about vascular disease as a result. 

I got to see films, including a film of a guy's aortic aneurysm perforate from the catheter passing through it (and the doc never noticed the dye flowing out of the hole and/or didn't want to admit it happened).  There were gathered about 5 cases involving "questionable" complications resulting in death or the need for emergency surgery.  In another, he attempted angioplasty on a distal femoral artery, but the blockage was just too lengthy and too thick to justify the attempt.  So, he poked a hole in that lady as well, and she had to have emergency arterial bypass surgery.  We got to go through each of those, and I got to hear the battle of 2 very well-esteemed doctors give their opinions pro and con the doctor under review.  It was pretty interesting.

24 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

We got to go through each of those, and I got to hear the battle of 2 very well-esteemed doctors give their opinions pro and con the doctor under review

did you walk away feeling that the peer review system has integrity?

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

did you walk away feeling that the peer review system has integrity?

Yes.  What is interesting is that it is not a court proceeding.  It is conducted in a hospital with a panel of medical practitioners deciding the case.  The hospital has an attorney and an expert witness.  The doctor has an attorney and an expert witness.  Everything said was taken by a certified shorthand reporter.  It was a well-fought battle.  

If the doc is not satisfied with what comes of this process, he has the right to appeal to district court, but it is a very, very limited right.  Much deference is given to the medical professionals when it comes to these things.

• Thanks 1