Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

on a lighter note

My family is from Elkhart. My mom's side.  Grandma had 7 brothers.   All in the Elkhart area.   I wonder if the Klipch family intersected with mine... somewhere

They might have. Maybe Grandma helped PWK on his 3rd grade math homework, and got him motivated to study sound theories :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

They might have. Maybe Grandma helped PWK on his 3rd grade math homework, and got him motivated to study sound theories :D

her brothers were all machinists and stayed in/around Elkhart. Grandma would have been a few years older than PWK. She as born in '98.  1898....

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Whether doctors, plumbers, lawyers, or auto mechanics, it is important to trust the ability and integrity of the individuals you select.  Consult people whose opinions you value for recommendations.  Get second opinions.  

I did want to trust the doctor and always have, but the medicine made us question if it was right since the side affects were so bad and not just a chance, this was going to happen.

That case was the only time I have heard more than one doctor say, you need to report this to the board.

• Like 1

I'm gonna change the subject ....

Was digging thru my vinyl.

There some gems in there. BlackSabbath, JeffBeck, ELP    a few I need to revisit. See if they sound good now. Music, sometimes, doesn't age well. Triumvirat is still OK...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I'm gonna change the subject ....

Good were beginning to sound like old people sitting around talking about all of our health problems.  Probably because were OLD ! :(:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good were beginning to sound like old people sitting around talking about all of our health problems.  Probably because were OLD ! :(:)

Ain’t that the truth.  Despite knowing about the cliche, when we get together with old friends, the conversation always works around to medical issues.  It’s depressing.

• Like 2

Just now, DizRotus said:

Ain’t that the truth.  Despite knowing about the cliche, when we get together with old friends, the conversation always works around to medical issues.  It’s depressing.

It's only depressing if you think of it that way.  I think it's natural, and even funny.  Of course I have laughed through life anyway.  It's all hilarious, even when it sucks.  After all, what are you going to do about it?

• Like 3

We are getting into kite flying season. Spring is sun-up to sundown wind.

that will last thru May.   Dust off a few. I was starting to get a nice collection of kites. "Sponsored" a KiteDay at the wife's school. There aren't that many kids in this school ...  25 kids in an average year.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It's only depressing if you think of it that way.  I think it's natural, and even funny.  Of course I have laughed through life anyway.  It's all hilarious, even when it sucks.  After all, what are you going to do about it?

makes for good story after it is over... 

then you laugh

• Like 3

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

After all, what are you going to do about it?

Subscribe to the Dwight Schrute philosophy:  When I die. I want to be frozen. And if they have to freeze me in pieces, so be it. I will wake up stronger than ever, because I will have used that time, to figure out exactly why I died. And what moves I could have used to defend myself better now that I know what hold he had me in.

13 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Ain’t that the truth.  Despite knowing about the cliche, when we get together with old friends, the conversation always works around to medical issues.....

And pooping you old farts, poop talk rules the conversation. Geeeeeze can't you boomers just die off already? As a first year GenXer I'm sick of you guys.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There is some dispute about the end of that demographic.  OGenX has been pegged as early as 1954, in a more culturally influenced way of definition.  Certainly by 1961 there was much less in common with the mainstream boomer, and the emergence of what is called OGenX came to be defined.