Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, billybob said:

A bass with character. Jack Bruce uses a fretless standard electric. Wish I had mastered bass at a tender age like Bruce or Leo Lyons...

Garage band was a lot of fun though...

Ive been thinking about a Cello or bass Cello lately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Ive been thinking about a Cello or bass Cello lately.

Really like the sound of a cello. There is a lot to be heard that is good over my Klipsch. Like other thing in life, it is a worthy pursuit.  There is a couple of youtubes that are decent, especially the bass cello. Interesting...B)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

Really like the sound of a cello. There is a lot to be heard that is good over my Klipsch. Like other thing in life, it is a worthy pursuit.  There is a couple of youtubes that are decent, especially the bass cello. Interesting...B)

A friend of my wife plays the bass cello at church, it really sounds good in that room. I like some classical music that utilizes the bass cello...really has a powerful sound....plus I can use the bow on an electric guitar :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

A friend of my wife plays the bass cello at church, it really sounds good in that room. I like some classical music that utilizes the bass cello...really has a powerful sound....plus I can use the bow on an electric guitar :D

I enjoy bowed string instruments too. They can sound great through a good system. Well recorded, well played violin can nearly bring you to tears. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

Cool! Like my classical. 

Shades of Jimmy Page...lolB)

And your wife lets you play her cello...:emotion-29:?

Page...I wish!

I will play that cello every chance I get :D

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

I enjoy bowed string instruments too. They can sound great through a good system. Well recorded, well played violin can nearly bring you to tears. 

I agree, I know a synthesizer can create about any sound, but a bowed stringed instrument just can't be replicated.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

You should play moving speakers

-- which I did just the other day matter of fact. Moved in the LaScalas, moved out the LaScalas, moved in the RB75's, moved out the RB75's, looked at and thought about moving in the Quartets but by then I was moved out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, richieb said:

-- which I did just the other day matter of fact. Moved in the LaScalas, moved out the LaScalas, moved in the RB75's, moved out the RB75's, looked at and thought about moving in the Quartets but by then I was moved out. 

I feel your pain, been there, done that....too many times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Buying to learn to play....hopefully. Bass and 6 string are the only stringed instrument I've played. Not so sure about the bow.

Going from electric bass to upright bass is not that difficult. You have to develop a feel for the right tone. Pick it with your fingers and forget the bow. I played electric before I started the upright. Only played Dixieland and dance music on the upright, not classical.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I feel your pain, been there, done that....too many times.

Yep, at least with KHorns who more or less stay put, same with Jubes. What was a real struggle was shuffling around Belles and CW's. CW's weren't so bad but Belles are awkward, more difficult to move than LS. Actually LS move with relative ease, IF you can slide them on a floor or carpet your not concerned with. But your herd has been thinned, so less to shuffle ?

• Like 2

Just now, richieb said:

Yep, at least with KHorns who more or less stay put, same with Jubes. What was a real struggle was shuffling around Belles and CW's. CW's weren't so bad but Belles are awkward, more difficult to move than LS. Actually LS move with relative ease, IF you can slide them on a floor or carpet your not concerned with. But your herd has been thinned, so less to shuffle ?

Belles were the worst to move, wide and heavy.  You're right, LS are pretty easy.  Yep, herd is thinning.....slowly.....Thinking about making a significant change in the main system soon.  Maybe as the weather improves, my motivation will increase....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Belles were the worst to move, wide and heavy.  You're right, LS are pretty easy.  Yep, herd is thinning.....slowly.....Thinking about making a significant change in the main system soon.  Maybe as the weather improves, my motivation will increase....

--- inquiring minds want to know --?!? I know you are a Bose lover at heart ---?!? 

• Haha 2