Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Its not that hooligan.

3 years ago I went from my Buell M2 to a FJR1300. I underestimated how much the extra weight would spoil the fun.

I really like the FJR but needed something that would handle better.

Keeping the Duc under 6k RPM for 600 miles is tough.

My 2nd choice was a Yamaha FZ-09. now that is a wheelie machine.

Even though the FZ-09 is a triple, I already have a inline. I wanted something totally different, a twin with great sound and some soul.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Davis said:

Its not that hooligan.

3 years ago I went from my Buell M2 to a FJR1300. I underestimated how much the extra weight would spoil the fun.

I really like the FJR but needed something that would handle better.

Keeping the Duc under 6k RPM for 600 miles is tough.

My 2nd choice was a Yamaha FZ-09. now that is a wheelie machine.

Even though the FZ-09 is a triple, I already have a inline. I wanted something totally different, a twin with great sound and some soul.

I hear ya, a V-Twin at full song is a wonderful sound. Shifting is optional.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Davis said:

2017 Ducati Monster 821

Not being a street bike rider, that looks like what would finish me off.

When you think your getting the hang of controlling it that's when your in trouble.

Are you married? Just wondering I see the tent in the garage and you just got a new bike, fancy doghouse you got there with a great view of the bike. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Davis,

You ever saddle up A Kaw H2? I had a friend ask me if I wanted ... didn't have to think -- No. The 500, maybe. I had another friend with one of those. Didn't ask and wasn't offered.

I did about 30 years ago. A guy with a built H2 raced my friend on his 78 Honda 750. My friend's stock Honda won twice, we couldn't understand why. Then the H2 owner asked if I would race his bike, I said "sure". It was probably an 1/8th mile. I never rode a bike with wheelie bars before, he said just nail the throttle, the bars will keep you straight! We raced, I won by about a 1/16th of a mile :D I don't think he had the nerve to hold the throttle wide open for very long. It was very quick.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Davis,

You ever saddle up A Kaw H2? I had a friend ask me if I wanted ... didn't have to think -- No. The 500, maybe. I had another friend with one of those. Didn't ask and wasn't offered.

No, I had a Yamaha RD350 when I was 14 years old.

I traded it on a 1973 Kawasaki 900Z1 when I was 15 years old.

I would love to ride an H1 and H2 someday.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Davis said:

No, I had a Yamaha RD350 when I was 14 years old.

I traded it on a 1973 Kawasaki 900Z1 when I was 15 years old.

I would love to ride an H1 and H2 someday.

-- I wish I were about 6-7 years younger and could give serious thought to the new V4 Ducati. They're so damn purdy I can Almost justify a purchase and bring her downstairs just to stare at. And with them being so damn purdy they should include Yoga classes so as to contort yourself into some form of riding position. The bikes are tiny to begin with, high foot pegs and low bars = short stays in the saddle. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

And here in NW IN as well.

Yep - our normal this time of year is 60–65, tomorrow morning ---- a predicted 18. A few days ago we broke a record at 17. I'm totally sick of running the furnace from Nov. until now mid-April. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Yep - our normal this time of year is 60–65, tomorrow morning ---- a predicted 18. A few days ago we broke a record at 17. I'm totally sick of running the furnace from Nov. until now mid-April. 

Couldn't agree with you more about the furnace, but my biggest issue right now is that I started germinating my pepper and tomato seeds when I normally do, and if this weather doesn't moderate soon and allow me to get them outside, I might not have a very good growing season.....that would definitely suck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:
3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

A couple years back there was a rooster that was on the farm house right behind our house.... and that SOB would crow all the time!! in the morning, afternoon, evening and I even heard crowing at 2-3 in the morning sometimes.

Haven't heard him in awhile.... 

MKP :-)

Soup !

Nahhhh. BBQ:P

MKP :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Not being a street bike rider, that looks like what would finish me off.

When you think your getting the hang of controlling it that's when your in trouble.

Are you married? Just wondering I see the tent in the garage and you just got a new bike, fancy doghouse you got there with a great view of the bike. :lol:

Here's the bike for you !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Couldn't agree with you more about the furnace, but my biggest issue right now is that I started germinating my pepper and tomato seeds when I normally do, and if this weather doesn't moderate soon and allow me to get them outside, I might not have a very good growing season.....that would definitely suck.

I've got flowers on mine but I cheated.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I did about 30 years ago. A guy with a built H2 raced my friend on his 78 Honda 750. My friend's stock Honda won twice, we couldn't understand why. Then the H2 owner asked if I would race his bike, I said "sure". It was probably an 1/8th mile. I never rode a bike with wheelie bars before, he said just nail the throttle, the bars will keep you straight! We raced, I won by about a 1/16th of a mile :D I don't think he had the nerve to hold the throttle wide open for very long. It was very quick.

I think it was seat pinch, when you get scared and your butt starts pinching the seat which makes your right hand back off, it's like a automatic reflex sometimes. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richieb said:

-- I wish I were about 6-7 years younger and could give serious thought to the new V4 Ducati. They're so damn purdy I can Almost justify a purchase and bring her downstairs just to stare at. And with them being so damn purdy they should include Yoga classes so as to contort yourself into some form of riding position. The bikes are tiny to begin with, high foot pegs and low bars = short stays in the saddle. 

If you're considering exotic motorcycles, I'd rather have a Honda RC213v, copy of their MotoGP racer....honda_rc213_valencia.088.jpg

• Like 2