Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, babadono said:

Sprayed about 20 to 25 gallons of round up yesterday and weed whacked for a couple hours.

Wow that's alot of spraying.

You can check with a local feed store and get that spray cheaper usually. Around here the brand is Hi-Yield which is generic feed store brand, they sell all kinds of chemicals, as long as the active ingredient is Gyphosate, it's the same active ingredient as roundup. This bottle is 41% active ingredient, don't ever buy the ready to spray type, it's at least 50% water.  It don't have to be this brand as long as it's the same chemical it works on all weeds, but not on brush.

It's strange what Gyphosate does, it stops photosynthesis so that's why it kills even the roots, the weeds starve to death.

732221336926.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Sprayed about 20 to 25 gallons of round up yesterday and weed whacked for a couple hours.

I'm lazy today.

Happy Divine Mercy Sunday to all my CC & C buds.

I thought round up was banned in California

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Wow that's alot of spraying.

You can check with a local feed store and get that spray cheaper usually. Around here the brand is Hi-Yield which is generic feed store brand, they sell all kinds of chemicals, as long as the active ingredient is Gyphosate, it's the same active ingredient as roundup. This bottle is 41% active ingredient, don't ever buy the ready to spray type, it's at least 50% water.  It don't have to be this brand as long as it's the same chemical it works on all weeds, but not on brush.

It's strange what Gyphosate does, it stops photosynthesis so that's why it kills even the roots, the weeds starve to death.

732221336926.jpg

That version sounds better than round up...

• Like 4

the lights and strobes!

we used to mess with the color tv.  half tuned and skew the contrast/color ....  didn't flash to the beat ... we didn't care at that point

we won't talk about my Kenwood KA-3500[?] and Bose301's that I bought when I was 21.

I think I did a little better this time

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

we didn't own a color tv until 70. We used to go to my aunt and uncle's near jimjimbo's to watch Disney and Ed Sullivan, while the adults played Bridge

Our first color TV was a Heathkit my father assembled in the mid-60s.  Since it was built into the wall, it stayed in the house when we moved in ‘66, so we built another Heathkit to be a built-in in the new home.  I say “we” because my father let me do some of the soldering.

In addition to early color, we also had early cable in the Kalamazoo area.  There were only about ten channels, but it was great to get WGN from Chicago, WKBD from Detroit, stations from Fort Wayne and South Bend, as well as the 3 local stations.

We built one more Heathkit color TV when we moved again.  Those early Heathkit soldering and electronics assembly experiences were precursors to several Dynakits.  Those were the days.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

my mom's 1st grade teacher, she took a shine to m mom... anyway, she invited us to watch the Wizard of Oz. We were just kids and it was the our first time for color. The B/W was more Green/Yellow

Was this when The Wizard of Oz first came out :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1