Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:49 AM, BigStewMan said:
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, Zen Traveler said:

I also am not good at small talk or talking about myself and understand that is an art in it's own

I think you’re right.  When being advised as to how to be more engaging, i’ve been told, “Talk about yourself.”  I’m better at asking others questions about them.

If we were having a beer right now, i’d be asking you all kinds of questions about your travels in Switzerland -- that place is on my bucket list. 

Good morning and hope everyone is enjoying their coffee. :emotion-44: I am not sure how long I will be posting but really have enjoyed my time here. In the beginning I learned more about audio and Klipsch products, as well as share my thoughts over the years.Then along came the BS Forum where I learned the value of written debate and discussions and really is where I met actual friends and others who made me think but could tell we were different individuals and we wouldn't be friends in the real world

Big stew asked me some questions to better to get to know me and shared some things as well. If he or anyone else wanted to talk to me about Switzerland I would go into an impassioned state and share as many travel stories as he would want to hear and I would desperately try to convince him to go! :emotion-22: To this day it's still a major hobby but I really don't have too many things on my "Bucket list" that I haven't done. The reason I came here almost 18 years ago was to talk about substantive issues and not mine or anyone else's stupid shit....Otoh, when I've met Klipsters  at the local get-togethers or the 3 pilgrimages I enjoyed those very much!  :)

Anyway, I hope @BigStewMan and everyone else reading this post has a great week and don't worry I won't be boring you guys with thoughts about myself in the Lounge:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I thought round up was banned in California

Don't give'em any more insane ideas! I could not live in my current home without: either a: A weed killer like round up or b: $100-200K worth of landscaping and $5k a month to water it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dtel said:

Wow that's alot of spraying.

You can check with a local feed store and get that spray cheaper usually. Around here the brand is Hi-Yield which is generic feed store brand, they sell all kinds of chemicals, as long as the active ingredient is Gyphosate, it's the same active ingredient as roundup. This bottle is 41% active ingredient, don't ever buy the ready to spray type, it's at least 50% water.  It don't have to be this brand as long as it's the same chemical it works on all weeds, but not on brush.

It's strange what Gyphosate does, it stops photosynthesis so that's why it kills even the roots, the weeds starve to death.

732221336926.jpg

Roger that. I don't use the "round up" brand, it's too expensive. But the stuff I use is the same chemical.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, babadono said:

Don't give'em any more insane ideas! I could not live in my current home without: either a: A weed killer like round up or b: $100-200K worth of landscaping and $5k a month to water it.

Why would you want to live in California....

Can't do anything fun....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of fun......I just cleaned out an upstairs bedroom that was a catch all for the unloved or unneeded items I have accumulated over the last few years.  Amazon boxes, rolls of bubble wrap, picture frames, RP-280 F speaker cartons,  and such.   My inspiration was that I have offered my house to a friend for a week so that he and the family can spend some time on the coast.  I usually stay at LF's place anyway so it's not an imposition.

I told LF this morning that I was not going to get in a big hurry as I have had the annual spring back issue.  I had planned on spreading it out over a few days.  Started a 9:30 this morning and had it cleaned out and vacuumed by 11:15am:o  A good use of a rainy day!

• Like 5

• Moderators
5 hours ago, babadono said:
On 4/8/2018 at 3:42 PM, dirtmudd said:

I thought round up was banned in California

California is almost banned in California, nothing would surprise me. 

And no Oldtimer it should not go into a water supply or ponds/streams, and no bathing or drinking it. But all of this is on the California warning label.

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Why would you want to live in California....

Can't do anything fun....

You can but it might be illegal ? But the ground shakes for free pretty regularly.

I couldn't afford to live there, or want to at those prices. Watching one of those shows where people were look at houses in different neighborhoods in California was kind of shocking.  150K -200K will buy you a shack in a bad neighborhood if your lucky in most areas.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I got up and went to the bathroom. The height of ambition today. I did make coffee.

Yes, one normally leads to the other.

I usually have no choice which one has to come first.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:
6 hours ago, dtel said:

I usually have no choice which one has to come first.

i didn’t have coffee, didn’t go to the bathroom. I lifted weighs, walked three miles

That alone makes you stand out around here.

59 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Then you had some ketchup

Probably so, he probably has a dedicated shoot glass for ketchup since he rarely eats.

I'm beginning to wonder if your an alien ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, dtel said:

That alone makes you stand out around here.

Probably so, he probably has a dedicated shoot glass for ketchup since he rarely eats.

I'm beginning to wonder if your an alien ?

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i eat once a day.   oh yeah, i also follow Heinz Ketchup on Twitter. it was 70 degrees today ... it made me happy to be outside, this is the weather that i’ve been missing. I think i’m happier when it’s not freezing cold. tomorrow is supposed to be 47 though.

ate a bunch of grapes last night ... stomach has been torn up since midnight.  I just did a shot of Wellers Bourbon, so if there are any germs hanging out in my stomach, hopefully the bourbon kills them.

not an alien; but, my grandparents were. They came to The America during WWI. They came from a tiny group of islands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.  The Azores. 

bz-panel-01-17-12-Area57-WAYNO.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i eat once a day.   oh yeah, i also follow Heinz Ketchup on Twitter. it was 70 degrees today ... it made me happy to be outside, this is the weather that i’ve been missing. I think i’m happier when it’s not freezing cold. tomorrow is supposed to be 47 though.

ate a bunch of grapes last night ... stomach has been torn up since midnight.  I just did a shot of Wellers Bourbon, so if there are any germs hanging out in my stomach, hopefully the bourbon kills them.

not an alien; but, my grandparents were. They came to The America during WWI. They came from a tiny group of islands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.  The Azores. 

kuickie_17.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

The Azores

http://learnazorean.blogspot.com/2015/07/ketchup-americano-and-portuguesa.html

Ketchup Americano and A Portuguesa

After a day of visiting Lisbon & taking the train to Faro, I arrived happily at my uncle's  house.

And was most surprised to find 2 kinds of ketchup on the table. (I was surprised to find it here at all!)

blogger-image--36437330.jpg

And then there was this:

blogger-image--903268631.jpg

Isto e mas piquante. 

This one is more spicy! ;)
  • Like 5

I feel like cranking up a little DC5 this AM. It way too early. Wife would save me the trouble of dying... she would kill me.

that one thing I don't have to worry. When we bought in town, we get a plot in the cemetery.

Feeling better today.  Maybe I'll get my drip line run.  Not a priority, yet. It's moving up the list fast.  Almost anything will grow here ... just add water.

Won't be long for the jujubes to perfume the yard with the lime jello smell  of their blossoms. Before the question -- jujube are also known as ChineseDates. The next superfruit.  Sposed to have some medicinal properties

coffee? still working on this Peruvian.  Have a bag of Mexican on deck.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

http://learnazorean.blogspot.com/2015/07/ketchup-americano-and-portuguesa.html

Ketchup Americano and A Portuguesa

After a day of visiting Lisbon & taking the train to Faro, I arrived happily at my uncle's  house.

And was most surprised to find 2 kinds of ketchup on the table. (I was surprised to find it here at all!)

blogger-image--36437330.jpg

And then there was this:

blogger-image--903268631.jpg

Isto e mas piquante. 

This one is more spicy! ;)

I might be able to eat the spicy. My big problem with ketchup -- it tastes like catsup

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1