Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, richieb said:

--- Funny, that's what my ex said about me - " I do miss that horse " --?!?

It's always the guys bragging about how big.................nevermind!

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Glad to help.  This talk will be over cocktails I'm assuming?:emotion-46:

Cocktails at dawn?

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It's just like here.  No one listens to me.  I just show up and collect a check.

Hiring?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Azalea Festival weekend.......thousands come to the port city:mellow:  Azaleas bloomed a little early because of the warm weather.

dtel that chicken manure will cause those maters to grow so fast that they often split as I'm sure you've found.  Don't want to use that stuff till it ages.

Only a few flowers left on the Azaleas now and about time to trim and fertilize them.

I only used the chicken poop around trees, that stuff is so hot even a few years old it will still fry vegetable plants. Only used old horse poop for vegetables, that raised bed is so nice it never packs and everything grows like crazy. No chemicals needed, I stick the vegetable plants in it and mulch thick with a bunch or pine needles to keep out weeds out and that's it, it's even has it's own zone on the sprinkler system.

We were just talking about planting it last night, I waited since the weather has been strange this year, I was worried about a late frost, tomatoes and eggplant for sure, don't know what else if anything.

• Like 3

• Moderators

The vegetable garden is like me, not pretty but works. :o I didn't even clean it out from last year and we did not plant a winter garden this winter. You can see the size that the eggplants got last summer on the left, they were big. Some of the tomato stakes came out, I started using pvc it last forever instead of wood or metal. We use to have BIG gardens but we were killing ourselves trying to keep it up only to give away most of it, so it's much more fun to have a small one.

A pic of the dirt, which is NO dirt just 100% old horse manure, always loose and plants seem to love it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

The vegetable garden is like me, not pretty but works. :o I didn't even clean it out from last year and we did not plant a winter garden this winter. You can see the size that the eggplants got last summer on the left, they were big. Some of the tomato stakes came out, I started using pvc it last forever instead of wood or metal. We use to have BIG gardens but we were killing ourselves trying to keep it up only to give away most of it, so it's much more fun to have a small one.

A pic of the dirt, which is NO dirt just 100% old horse manure, always loose and plants seem to love it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Need some new railroad ties....

• Like 1

I  think I'll change the subject....

a bad hair day ... tie down the VW. a steady breeze of 25 gusts to 40. I stayed indoors, even though the temp isn't bad 80`. I'm so skinny I need to fill the wagon with rock and tie myself to it if I want to go out.

fish and chips tonite. Wife bought some beer battered cod from Schwann's ... not the bicycle people - they're Schwinn. You can smell the beer [flavoring?] when they are cooking. Surprisingly loud. Not bad for frozen. We'll survive them.

We're sposed to get a freeze Sat AM. Freeze and frost are different. No humidity, no frost. Our dew point is well below freezing.. The say it is going to struggle to make 70 for a high. Might singe a few things. But, not a hard freeze... or for very long. Temp will go up 45 degrees between sunrise and 5PM.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

My replacement?  Noooooo.

Assistant 

9 hours ago, dtel said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Eldon, what's the small house looking thing out in the pond?

6 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

lol lol..... That's about what my dad used to say to me when I would go out Friday and Saturday nights when I was a teenager.

He would say "If you can't be good be careful" ........ and if you get locked up don't call me" :laugh:

MKP :-)

Sounds like my Dad....be care, or name it after me :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was noticing a remarkable lack of aircraft today, beyond the odd trash can and stray lawn furniture.

yeah, Eldon. What is the little lake house? A feeder or aerator  thing?

I don't think I'd worry the RR ties decomposing.  I doubt the soil will migrate too far, too fast.

and new ties will be treated and  have a "kill zone"

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Eldon, what's the small house looking thing out in the pond?

It had a ramp on each side, it was a duck house. Green head mallards, apparently not very smart when half grown. I put that out there for them to go in at night but they insisted on sleeping on land and only going in there house during the day. Over time something got to all of them. We got more, most of these made it and stayed for a while, wild ones flew in and eventually they flew off with the wild ones, they were all wild really. 

I just never removed it because if i do they will want more ducks.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Hey Elden who is Eldon?

57 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

we can blame it on Bill ...

I'm Bill, too

Sorry Elden

51 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Elden can tell you I regularly misspelled his name.  I now remind myself that “E” is the only vowel in Elden.

It makes no difference, doesn't bother me at all. With an odd name you get use to it, the last name really messed people up. Luquet, I'm a Jr.

That's funny, it would take alot of nerve for me to say anything, I never remember names so I will apologize in advance if i can't remember your name.

• Haha 1