Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Then you should be there.  Richie is getting a furlough that weekend.

--- yep, four day pass. And to insure they not coming looking for me I made known I would be deep in Arkie backwoods country. Real deep, banjo playin' deep. I should be safe - at least from the parole officers -- 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

--- yep, four day pass. And to insure they not coming looking for me I made known I would be deep in Arkie backwoods country. Real deep, banjo playin' deep. I should be safe - at least from the parole officers -- 

You will be safe at Rodney's, he can't get the police to come out.

He called 911 once about 2 am and asked them to send a deputy. He told them he had some coonasses in from Louisiana and he can't get them to turn down the music. They called back about 20 minutes later and asked him, Rodney you can't take care of this I am in bed and don't want to get dressed and come out there ?

He told them he would take care of it don't worry about it. He was quite amused at this, we were not as impressed, I have spent most of my life trying to NOT get the police to come visit me and he called them. 

When he called them me a Kevin just looked at each other and went and sat back down outside listening to the music blasting. We thought well we will see what happens when they get here and were glad when they called back. Rodney could not stop laughing about this. It's 100% true my wife recorded the whole thing with her phone, she says the other day she still has it. 

She tried to load the video here but it's to big.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dtel said:

You will be safe at Rodney's, he can't get the police to come out.

He called 911 once about 2 am and asked them to send a deputy. He told them he had some coonasses in from Louisiana and he can't get them to turn down the music. They called back about 20 minutes later and asked him, Rodney you can't take care of this I am in bed and don't want to get dressed and come out there ?

He told them he would take care of it don't worry about it. He was quite amused at this, we were not as impressed, I have spent most of my life trying to NOT get the police to come visit me and he called them. 

When he called them me a Kevin just looked at each other and went and sat back down outside listening to the music blasting. We thought well we will see what happens when they get here and were glad when they called back. Rodney could not stop laughing about this. It's 100% true my wife recorded the whole thing with her phone, she says the other day she still has it. 

She tried to load the video here but it's to big.

There's that word coonasses again....I'm not saying a word:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

think I said something like that the other day. 

some days, that is as good as it gets.

we have similar problems with getting assistance from the sheriff out here. It take a minimum of 1/2 hour for them to show. By that time, whatever it was, is well over.  And then they wonder why we take care of problems ourselves.

if we need immediate help, we need to feign smugglers at work ... then the BorderPatrol will come.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

There's that word coonasses again....I'm not saying a word:D

Can't help it, and to me it's better than redneck, personal choice knowing some from around here. 

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

some days, that is as good as it gets.

That's true, but it's just fine. They say If you have high expectations your chance of being disappointed is much greater.  :D

• Like 1