Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

The face of a champion!

Yes she is, I think you helped a little.

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

She's cute :D

"How you doin"

That's funny, but I do love her expression. :)

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I didn’t vote; but, i knew about this ... okay, full disclosure ... i “follow” Ketchup on Twitter.

Oh what a surprise, I'm surprised your not the administrator of the site.

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My life can be quite captivating at times.

It's not surprising, I would think sometimes your brother just looks at you and don't know what to say. It's hard being Steve, we know. 

:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2018 at 5:15 PM, dtel said:
On 4/13/2018 at 3:28 PM, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

gonna go to the gym tomorrow and see how I do.

Now your thinking all crazy, I thought you were doing better but you still thinking weird, just don't overdo it.

The BOSS came with me to make sure I didn't overdo it.... just me and another student.....  Trainer took it easy on us......we were attacking each other with knives.... fake ones, but sill hard plastic.... I had to take a few time outs and catch my breath. It was just good to get out and exercise.

MKP :-)

• Like 4

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I had to take a few time outs and catch my breath. It was just good to get out and exercise.

Well you must be feeling better if you could do that. I know, I was sick a few weeks ago, at that time being attacked with a knife knife I would have just put my arms up and said do it quickly. :wacko:

Before long everything we be back to normal for both of you, also you can stop being cold, this alone will help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

@WillyBob

I think it was you talking about RC helicopters, I found a old picture of my RC boat. It what they called a Youngblood hull, the motor was a Picco 65 water cooled with a beryllium  surface drive propeller. It ran on 40% nitro and was very fast, about 65 mph and a little tough to control because it could get out of sight fast. It was about as loud as a chainsaw, it's hard to imagine how they get this much power from a tiny engine, .65 cubic inches and 3 horsepower @33,000 rpm.

This is the only picture I had left, I had someone drive it past me slowly to get a pic which is not very good, and this is a pic of that print so it's even worse. :lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, dtel said:

@WillyBob

I think it was you talking about RC helicopters, I found a old picture of my RC boat. It what they called a Youngblood hull, the motor was a Picco 65 water cooled with a beryllium  surface drive propeller. It ran on 40% nitro and was very fast, about 65 mph and a little tough to control because it could get out of sight fast. It was about as loud as a chainsaw, it's hard to imagine how they get this much power from a tiny engine, .65 cubic inches and 3 horsepower @33,000 rpm.

This is the only picture I had left, I had someone drive it past me slowly to get a pic which is not very good, and this is a pic of that print so it's even worse. :lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Ah . . . . the days of inhaling hot fuel proof dope!  How many brain cells were sacrificed at model airplanes, cars, boats, etc. altar?  Between that and football, wrestling and sailing concussions, it's a wonder I don't drool . . . more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Dirtmudd, that boat is slow, I would have not even attempted in a waterway that small. With 40% nitro it would not even stay running as slow as some of those speeds, it would just die. I kept wanting to try like 10 or 25% to have it run a little more stable but it was hard to not have the power and speed from the 40%. It was so touchy depending on the humidity and temperature you had to adjust the carburetor every day you ran to get it to even stay running, if not when you slowed down it would kill. It was scary how fast it was, when you start it you just throw it in the water and it's gone. At full speed it would get out of sight in about 2 seconds, you had to watch the rooster tail to know when to turn, which was about 12' up in the air behind the boat.

That spot on the side of the boat in the pic is where the water shoots from after going through the engine, it's picked up from a tube on the back of the rudder. You can see the water jacket on the head of the engine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Dirtmudd, that boat is slow, I would have not even attempted in a waterway that small. With 40% nitro it would not even stay running as slow as some of those speeds, it would just die. I kept wanting to try like 10 or 25% to have it run a little more stable but it was hard to not have the power and speed from the 40%. It was so touchy depending on the humidity and temperature you had to adjust the carburetor every day you ran to get it to even stay running, if not when you slowed down it would kill. It was scary how fast it was, when you start it you just throw it in the water and it's gone. At full speed it would get out of sight in about 2 seconds, you had to watch the rooster tail to know when to turn, which was about 12' up in the air behind the boat.

That spot on the side of the boat in the pic is where the water shoots from after going through the engine, it's picked up from a tube on the back of the rudder. You can see the water jacket on the head of the engine.

• Like 1

Mike,

That middle video with the Tommy Ivo car reminds me of a time I saw that same 4 Buick dragster in a match race against a Turbonique powered Valiant at U.S. 131 Dragway In Martin, MI.  The noise from that Turbonique was deafening.

The four Buick’s were extremely loud as the throttles were blipped at the tree.  The Turbonique was dead silent as the tree blinked down, until the green light, when the Turbonique roared to life in a banshee’s wail.  The Turbonique won.

Before the next race I told myself I was ready for the unbearable shriek of the Turbonique.  I wasn’t, it seemed worse than ever.

• Like 3

I did electric.

nitro sounds like fun.  You should see the specs on the li/po batteries we used. They are what made electric helis possible.

20A @4v from a battery that weighed 11gm.  Slightly larger than a book of matches.

I have a couple R/C cars and a cigarette type boat, too

• Like 3